You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of MarlinForum.com    

Marlin Firearms Forum > General Discussion > 2nd Amendment > As Promised: Weekly Updates, MO Gun Legislation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 232 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Post As Promised: Weekly Updates, MO Gun Legislation

Just checked the General Assembly's Legislative Calendar. I'm only going to paste the proposed Bills this one time and reference bill number hereafter.
---
No Action On-going on either of these House Bills Only entered into record. MO Residents...time to turn up the heat and doubly-secure our established and inalienable rights to RKBA and the 'stuff' that goes with them! Note: Atch'd jpeg was borrowed from a 'fb' post from a 2A supporter.
---
HB 162 Missouri Firearms Freedom Act - Ro amend chapter 21, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the Missouri firearms freedom act. Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Chapter 21, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 21.755, to read as follows:
21.755. 1. This section shall be called and may be cited as the "Missouri Firearms Freedom Act".
2. The general assembly declares that the authority for this section is the following:
(1) Amendment X of the Constitution of the United States guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the Constitution and reserves to the state and people of Missouri certain powers as they were understood at the time that Missouri was admitted to statehood. The guarantee of those powers is a matter of contract between the state and people of Missouri and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Missouri and the United States;
(2) Amendment IX of the Constitution of the United States guarantees to the people rights not granted in the Constitution and reserves to the people of Missouri certain rights as they were understood at the time that Missouri was admitted to statehood. The guarantee of those rights is a matter of contract between the state and people of Missouri and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Missouri and the United States;
(3) The regulation of intrastate commerce is vested in the states under Amendments IX and X of the Constitution of the United States, particularly if not expressly preempted by federal law. Congress has not expressly preempted state regulation of intrastate commerce pertaining to the manufacture on an intrastate basis of firearms, firearms accessories, and ammunition;
(4) Amendment II of the Constitution of the United States reserves to the people the right to keep and bear arms as that right was understood at the time that Missouri was admitted to statehood, and the guarantee of the right is a matter of contract between the state and people of Missouri and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Missouri and the United States; and
(5) Article I, section 23, Constitution of Missouri clearly secures to Missouri citizens, and prohibits government interference with, the right of individual Missouri citizens to keep and bear arms.
3. As used in this section, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Firearms accessories", items that are used in conjunction with or mounted upon a firearm but are not essential to the basic function of a firearm, including but not limited to telescopic or laser sights, magazines, flash or sound suppressors, folding or aftermarket stocks and grips, speedloaders, ammunition carriers, and lights for target illumination;
(2) "Generic and insignificant parts", includes but is not limited to springs, screws, nuts, and pins;
(3) "Manufactured", creating a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition from basic materials for functional usefulness, including but not limited to forging, casting, machining, or other processes for working materials.
4. A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Missouri and that remains within the borders of Missouri is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of Congress to regulate interstate commerce. It is declared by the legislature that those items have not traveled in interstate commerce. This section applies to a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured in Missouri from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported into this state. Generic and insignificant parts that have other manufacturing or consumer product applications are not firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition, and their importation into Missouri and incorporation into a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured in Missouri does not subject the firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition to federal regulation. It is declared by the legislature that basic materials, such as unmachined steel and unshaped wood, are not firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition and are not subject to congressional authority to regulate firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition under interstate commerce as if they were actually firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition. The authority of Congress to regulate interstate commerce in basic materials does not include the authority to regulate firearms, firearms accessories, or ammunition made in Missouri from those materials. Firearms accessories that are imported into Missouri from another state and that are subject to federal regulation as being in interstate commerce do not subject a firearm to federal regulation under interstate commerce because they are attached to or used in conjunction with a firearm in Missouri.
5. The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(1) A firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person;
(2) A firearm that has a bore diameter greater than one half inch and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;
(3) Ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or
(4) A firearm that discharges two or more projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.
6. A firearm manufactured or sold in Missouri under the provisions of this section shall have the words "Made in Missouri" clearly stamped on a central metallic part, such as the receiver or frame.

HB 170 Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 571.048, to read as follows:
571.048. 1. It shall be unlawful for any officer or employee of this state, or any political subdivision, or any federal firearms dealer licensed under 19 U.S.C. Section 923 to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains exclusively within the boundaries of the state of Missouri.
2. Any official, agent, or employee of the federal government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains exclusively within the borders of the state of Missouri shall be guilty of a class D felony.
3. Any person in violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture, sale, transfer, or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition owned or manufactured and retained exclusively with the boundaries of the state of Missouri may request the attorney general to defend him or her for such violation.
4. Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable in the state of Missouri if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to:
(1) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
(2) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

negative-effects-govt-gun-control.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

A Day Early...but the Forecast indicates we could have an interruption of utilities if the ice gets a bit thick tomorrow and into Friday.

LR Number: 0819L.01I
Last Action: 2/19/2013 - Public Hearing Completed (H)
Bill String: HB 162
Next Hearing: Hearing not scheduled
Calendar: Bill currently not on a House calendar

Last Action: 2/19/2013 - Public Hearing Completed (H)
Bill String: HB 170

As you can see...no progress/changes yet. I'll drop and note and see if I can get a reason things take SO LONG to get rolling and either passed or placed in File 13.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
oldbrass
MF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 383 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Yesterday it was reported on the local news that Washington state has a bill authorizing police to conduct annual inspections of all assault rifles without a warrant..They were called on it and said "We didn`t read the entire bill" and it was an administrative error...I say they tried to sneak it in and got caught..No other news on this issue since...My politicians are bold faced liars or complete idiots..probley both

30-30, helping bad fisherman eat since 1895

CallMaker Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
FOUR4D4
MF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 628 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 610

I heard that one state all ready passed a limit on 15 rounds this week,another communist ran state

I may not agree with you, but I respect your right to say and believe it.

“Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.”
Theodore Roosevelt

Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

I think I posted it somewhere on the Forum....but just in case I didn't or you overlooked it:

Rep. Leara (R) from the St Louis are has drafted a Bill that makes anyone attempting to subvert the RKBA in Missouri will be charged with a Felony. Sure like to see that passed along with about 1/2 dozen other PRO-GUN / PRO-LIBERTY Bills that have been entered for this session of the MO Gen Assy. Wish us Luck! Democrat Gov. Nixon probably won't sign any and I suspect he'd Veto Leara's Felony Level Bill...out of pure sight. He hasn't sign past good bills concerning CCW and other positive changes, but left them to become law by Default on the last day of the Session. COWARDLY if you ask me.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

INTERIM UPDATE
Fellow Citizens of MO and Mbrs of this Forum:

"In Missouri, HB 436 and it’s companion Senate bill, SB 325, would nullify all federal violations of your right to keep and bear arms. Please act now to support this legislation.

Either this coming Tuesday or the following Tuesday HB 436, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, will have a public hearing in the House General Laws Committee. This committee is predisposed to support this bill, but we need to send a message of strong support that will resonate throughout the Capitol.

HB 436 Funderburk, Doug
Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution(LR# 1204L.01I)

Here's the link with a suggestion to complete a "Witness Form" to either support or request denial of this significant piece of legislation.
http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/02/missouri-act-now-to-help-nullify-federal-gun-laws-in-your-state/

Addendum: I basically 'gave the Legislature a several pieces of my mind'. I encourage even the timid and meek to speak up and let your 'voice' be heard. Thanks for considering. -Spoon-

Last edited by Spoon; 02-24-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Addendum

Old 02-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

26 FEB Data: Both Missouri HB 162 and HB 170 rec'd the recommendation for DO PASS. No future activity currently showing on the calendar. When this will be formally read on the Floor and put up for a vote, I dunno.

There's also a bill in process mandating a Govt-issued Photo ID to be shown before being allowed to cast a ballot. I'm sure there may have been a few cases of hanky-panky, but not like seen in FLUSA and other states where 107-140+ percent of the 100% of registered voters...voted? Best bet is to make it all part of the process to confirm who is whom.

Stay tuned fellow Missourians.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

Last Action: 3/06/2013 - Referred: Rules(H)
-----

Last Action: 3/07/2013 - Rules - No Action Taken (H)
Bill String: HCS HB 170
-----

Last Action: 3/06/2013 - Public Hearing Completed (H)
Bill String: HB 436

House Committee Received over 1230 "Witness Statements". Citizens from every MO House District were represented in the Affirmative. Sister Bill in MO Senate, SB 325 is tentatively slated for same Hearing Process Tuesday, 12 Mar.
-----

Again I will sound off with another "Witness Form" to ask for the Senates support for their version, too.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

CURRENT STATUS as of 0530 Thursday 14 Mar 13:

Sponsor: Guernsey, Casey (002)
Co-Sponsor: Curtman, Paul (109) ... et al.
Proposed Effective Date: Emergency Clause
LR Number: 0894H.05C
- - - -

Sponsor: Sommer, Chrissy (106)
Co-Sponsor: Spencer, Bryan (063) ... et al.
Proposed Effective Date: 8/28/2013
- - - -

Sponsor: Funderburk, Doug (103)
Co-Sponsor: Jones, Timothy (110) ... et al.
LR Number: 1204L.01I
- - - -

SB 325 Declares the General Assembly's position on the authority of the federal government, declares as invalid certain federal gun laws, and prohibits the enforcement of such laws

Sponsor: Nieves
LR Number: 1666S.01I Fiscal Note available
Committee: General Laws
Last Action: 3/12/2013 - Hearing Conducted S General Laws Committee Journal Page:
Title: Calendar Position:
Effective Date: August 28, 2013

Old 03-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
Spoon
MF_SUPPORTER.png

Doesn't look like the Sponsors are pushing these items. Maybe folks in MO should write, e-mail or call? I will!

Sponsor: Sommer, Chrissy (106)
Co-Sponsor: Spencer, Bryan (063) ... et al.

------
Sponsor: Guernsey, Casey (002)
Co-Sponsor: Curtman, Paul (109) ... et al.
Proposed Effective Date: Emergency Clause
LR Number: 0894H.05C

-----
Sponsor: Funderburk, Doug (103)
Co-Sponsor: Jones, Timothy (110) ... et al.
LR Number: 1204L.01I
-----
MO SB 325 ** I can't find anything in Jeff City's Records??? Dadgum 'puters

-----

Quick Reply