1894 44mag happy trigger

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by upnorth73, Nov 12, 2013.

1. upnorth73

upnorth73 Member

Hi all.

I'm in Las Vegas for a week from late this week (over from Australia), I was going to stop in at Wild West guns and get a happy trigger kit for my 1894. Is there any thing else recommended that I should get while there. The rifle is unmodified at present, just has a Skinner peep sight and that's all.

Thanks, Adam....

2. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

Their bear proof ejector and aluminum follower are good mods for your rifle that work great.
    JB

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. upnorth73

upnorth73 Member

Thought about the large loop lever, but really don't need one where I live as there is no need for gloves at all.
    But my understanding is that they are polished in the right places and cycle better with the large loop from Wild West Guns.
    Can anyone confirm this?

If I could I'd just send them the whole rifle so that they can slick it up, bit difficult from Australia though:)

5. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

I have a WWG large loop on two of my big bores, I would say they do cycle better, but I had to do some fitting on mine, and polished the lever after cycling several hundred times to establish a wear pattern. After that was smooth as butter.