.22Lr on the shelf

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by MattNH, Sep 15, 2014.

1. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

LGS - limits were 2 boxes of 100 rounds, 4 boxes of 50 rounds.

CCI Mini mags 36 gr HP ($8.99/100) and CCI Quiet ($4.49/50)

$35.94 out the door

Not great price but they are CCI.

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I seen where Vance's in Columbus, Oh. has the 325 bulk packs of Federal AutoMatch for $19.99. It didn't show a limit but I'm sure that there is one. Don't know if they have any left???
    I'm pretty well stocked for now. Not worth the 120 mile round trip at this time.

3. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

I had some time to kill so I went into Academy just for a look around. I asked if they had any 22lr and he said looky here. You can have 3 of the 50 count boxes or 1 of the 550 round Winchester bricks. Duh I took the brick for $21.95. I hope the wwb doesn't have a bunch of duds in it.

4. cheech

cheech Member

Went to my LGS last week and the limit was 2 50 rd boxes. I don't see an end to this Sh**.

5. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I found a LGS that had some ammo and some powder. I bought 2 ea. 100 pk. of CCI Mini-Mags @ $8.49 a box. Don't know if he had a limit but there wasn't any need for me to be greedy.

6. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Went back today got 200 more rounds of the CCI Quiet. $17.96, no sales tax in New Hampshire.

7. rm_mdl60

rm_mdl60 Well-Known Member

Went to shooters the other day and scored as well 3 walmarts and bass pro talked to a guy in manchester walmart and some guy says your not looking for 22 long are you? Yes....he says got to shooters asap!

8. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Yup. Got it at Shooters. Pretty much only thing I look for there is 22. I don't like making the drive through the construction to get down to Riley's, so haven't checked there in a while. I saw 22 in the Keller Street Walmart once. I have yet to see any in Bass Pro - ever. All the other LGS's have jacked their prices on 22 so much, I hate them.

9. cheech

cheech Member

I stand corrected. I just looked at the 22 ammo I bought (American Eagle) and they're not 50 rd boxes, they're 40 rd boxes. So, my limit is 80 rds per day when they have it in stock. What a joke.

10. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The AE5022 solid load is still in 50 round boxes. The 40 round round boxes are AE22 copper plated hollow point.

Took a guy from the office and got 8 more boxes, limit 4 each. 1000 rounds this week at $0.09/round. Hate the price, but I can shoot reliable stuff with the kids for a while, or at least until the first snow.

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Bought 600 rounds of the American Eagle .22lr 38 grain copper plated HP's (40 rounds per box ) at Dick's Sporting Goods @ $2.49 per box. ( Limit 3 boxes per day...so I went back everyday since the sale started at Willow Grove Mall...{giving everyone else a chance at them too} ;) )

Now I can shoot my Marlin Model 80C and Model 60 Glenfield...:D

12. rm_mdl60

rm_mdl60 Well-Known Member

@Matt...shooters was the only place I could find 9mm when all that bs was taking place ! Glad people are starting to find 22 without paying ridiculous prices!