.357 Lever Gun

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by Boots2140, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Boots2140

Boots2140 New Member

Does the Marlin Factory still produce or plan to produce again the lever guns in .357 caliber? Particularly the 1895 or 1894 stainless? They are kinda pricey used. I regret not buying one when they were available. Thanks in advance.

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I have always wanted a stainless steel 1894 in 357

3. PaulB

PaulB Member

I have a 357 on order. The only thing the distributor can tell my gun store is, "Marlin is currently not manufacturing any pistol caliber lever action guns".

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Winchester isn't either, which is why I've got a Henry on order.

5. PaulB

PaulB Member

That's what I was told about Winchester also Donn. I considered a Henry, but their tube load rather then side load. I want a side load. I figure if I have not heard anything by the end of the year, i'll probably pay a premium and buy one off Gunbroker.com.

6. Marlindude

Marlindude Well-Known Member

Rossi has the model 92 in 357, I believe it's a side loader , I hear their nice shooters, but, it's not a Marlin !!

7. PaulB

PaulB Member

Exactly Marlindude. Its not a Marlin. My local gun shop has a Rossi 357 in stock. The fit and finish is very poor. Nothing consistent where the wood meets the metal.

I contacted Stevesgunz.com to get a price on one of their worked over Rossi's, but have yet to hear back from him. I'd still rather wait for a Marlin. Besides the quality difference, I think the Marlin will hold its value better in the long run.

8. Marlindude

The pre Remington's are selling way over blue book, their present value is about 4-600 $ over blue book!

9. blackgul

blackgul New Member

The only thing the distributor can tell my gun store is, "Marlin is currently not manufacturing any pistol caliber lever action guns".

10. Donn

Donn Active Member

Since my last entry in August, the Henry finally made it to my LGS. Much as I like my Marlins, this Big Boy 357mag is really sweet. I'm not crazy about the tube mag either, but that's how they come.

11. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

Boots I suspect Marlin will produce the 1894 in 357mag again soon,but I would IMHO look for a nice used JM. It will be pricey though. I picked up a pre-safety 1894 357mag at a gun show that was a safe queen all it's life that was mint and it cost me $900 and I thought that was high,but even before I could leave the show I was offered more for it. The JM's will always hold there value, and will most certainly go up over time.
    JB

12. Marlindude

Breaking this out of jail Monday ! ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1394073599.035759.jpg

1894 C 357/38 born 2001

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

13. only1harry

only1harry New Member

So has anyone seen any new 1894 .357's so far? I am still hoping Marlin will make another run.

Thanks,
    Harry

14. Sage613

Sage613 Member

Just put money down on a 1894 in 357. Paying 475.00. Previous owner carved a design into the stock, which is why I would guess, I am getting a good price.

Sent from my iPad using Marlin Forum

15. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Yes, you are! Grab it Mon!

16. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Well-Known Member

I talked with a guy in customer service at Marlin that said the 1894c was currently in production and that was a couple of moths ago I think
    Maybe around the first of spring
    I would look for them in stores early to late summer unless they changed their minds or he had bad information
    I have called them and asked on a couple of different occasions
    They know people want them like the cowboy action guys so they are aware of the demand I wonder when and if they are going to start producing the 1894 cowboy in 44 mag again
    I would buy that one

17. Hillbilly

The 1894c in 357 mag
    is currently in Production and Marlin is selling them faster than they can build them

18. jbaker30

jbaker30 Active Member

And getting them back just as fast. My LGS had two in stock for a day, both came back within the week, niether would cycle a round, locked up on first ammo cycle, both were sent back to Remington. I hope that was just the odd pair and most will be better. We shall see.
    JB

19. Hillbilly

There are reviews on YouTube about em http://youtu.be/Kh8HEQopRfQ
    The action on my 1895gbl was stiff until I shot it and broke it in
    Now it's sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forumrr rruygopgyrutiin boho ipook

20. Hillbilly