8mm mauser rebuild

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by Gumpy, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Finally got it done, except sighting in the scope! It won't quit raining long enough for me to go to the range. I think it's supposed to clear off a week from this Monday.
    Now back to the rifle. Refinished the stock. There is a 'before' picture of the stock that shows it was pretty rough. Installed a scope mount adapter from ATI. Had to modify the stock for that. Put a new barrel (7.92) on it. Cut handle off of bolt and drilled and tapped for a turned down handle. Put a Nikon Prostaff 4-9 with bullet drop compensator scope. Put a 'new' firing pin in the bolt. Cleaned in and out.

Attached Files:

2. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Lookin good gump, nice job on the bolt handle.....waitin to see how she shoots.......:)

3. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

8mm mauser

Good job Gumpy! Congrats ! You doin hand-loads or factory ammo?
    Love the "8" been shootin it for years, I hand-load all of my stuff for it.:D

4. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Excellent job Gumpy
    I have one of those in my gunsafe, and will do it up, one day.

Mine is a 1935 Turkish K98.

CHeres
    Bucky

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Thanks gentlemen. I don't handload, its something I would love to tinker with. This rifle is a Turkish model 1898, rebuilt in 1943 in K.Kale. Its a large ring Mauser, but threaded for a small ring barrel! This is the specs that the Turks wanted at the time cause they had a bunch of barrels that they wanted to utilize.

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Very nice job. Thanks for sharing.
    Should give you many years of enjoyment.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Congrats Gumpy...let us know how she shoots !!