Anyone own Sigs?

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by Windy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Windy

Windy Well-Known Member Supporting

I own a nice little Sig P238 Lady Model. She shoots as purdy as she looks. The trigger is incredible on this gun. I was looking for a pocket pistol and was seriously thinking of getting an LCP until I handled this Sig. I liked that it had a couple more ounces of weight on it and I liked that it had an external safety.

Attached Files:

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I dont have any sigs i quit smoking a while ago

3. Windy

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

5. FOUR4D4

My nephew owns a Sig 9mm not a bad gun

6. agrotom

agrotom Member

I have three!! I have a P-250 in 45 ACP a SP2022 in 9MM and a 1911-B-22 in 22lr. I love them all, great quality and very functional.

7. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

I own one - a 220 with night sights in .45acp.

8. Windy

Yeah, my little P238 has those Sig night sights. They are very nice. I work nights and on my nights off I'm often up during the night. I like to take my little Sig out of the safe and 'play' with the night sights in the dark. I'm pretty short and that little P238 fits my hand like a glove.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Got SIG ?

Yup...a West German SIG P226 built in 1988 (JJ)...bought used.

[​IMG]

10. runswiththunder

runswiththunder Member

I own 4 Sigs. I have a P238 that's really comfortable to shoot when it doesn't fail to eject. I have a P239 in 9mm, a P239 in 40 s&w, and a P229 in 40 s&w.

11. Marlinman

Marlinman Active Member

I have two Sigs at the moment. A scorpion 1911 special edition in black and OD green and a new Nightmare 1911 I absolutely love.

12. Windy

I have a Sig P238 and it hasn't given me much trouble at all. What kind of ammo are you using?

13. FOUR4D4

I would love to own one I wish I had the $700 :eek:

14. Windy

I paid slightly over $600 for mine. It hurt to pay that much, for sure. I was looking at the LCP but when I held that P238, I knew I wouldn't be happy with the LCP. I only own 3 guns and I would rather pay more and get what I reeeeaaly want than to compromise and have regrets. Too many times in life I've compromised in buying what I want and always was not quite satisfied. I even paid about $30 more to get the Lady Model. Believe me, I have very little extra cash. I bought that P238 with an income tax return.

15. runswiththunder

runswiththunder Member

My P238 has been back to Sig a couple of times for "adjustments", but I still get an occasional ejection failure. Half of what I shoot are reloads, but I get failures with Winchester, Blazer, PMC too. Probably a few more with the reloads, though. I got mine from one of the online auction sites for $514. Total came to $564 with shipping and ffl charges.

16. Windy

Hmmm.........I haven't shot my P238 very much, really. I did have some FTF's which, in discussing it with the 'gun guys' (as I call them) on another forum we decided it might be my mag. It was always the last round in the mag. It was also suggested I might have been limp wristing a bit and because the gun was lighter with all the rounds gone but the last, it wouldn't feed that last round if I wasn't holding the gun properly. I have been shooting Federal through it.

I'll have to take my P238 to the range again soon and see how she performs. Your complaint is the first complaint I've heard about the gun.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  17. FOUR4D4

My nephew has a 250 and he said he can change the caliber.Which don't make sense he said he has to get a slide and other parts well he would probably be better off just buying another gun.:rolleyes:

18. Windy

I know that some guns have 'conversion kits' that allow the gun to be shot in a different caliber. I never really liked the idea, though. I'd rather just get another gun, myself. Though I know many who have conversion kits for their guns and seem happy with it.

19. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

1-226 Tactical. Had one round 1 that more or less stove piped toward the end of shooting 300 LC reloads with Green Dot during the last session. Kinda messy with lead ball and the Green Dot. Not a bad record with 2000 or so through her tube. Always accepts any brand of factory ammo and all my home-made fodder when other pistols won't. It's kept loaded with Talons for vehicle/carry weapon. Without a reload...21 rounds of death & destruction or at least enough hot lead & noise to give a fella time to gain distance and cover in a bad situation!!!

I have a daughter in A-stan that carries a 238 back-up to her issued M9 Berreta. She bought it just before she departed saying it just feels right and shoots like a dream for a little pocket pistol. She knows I trust Sig with my assets and she liked it better than any other on the market.

20. Windy

I hope her guns and God watching over her keeps your daughter safe. I agree, my Sig P238 'just feels right and shoots like a dream', too.