beechnut stock turkeyoake

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by moparman1911, Oct 4, 2012.

1. moparman1911

moparman1911 Well-Known Member

i cleaned up a new yugo sks that had been in storage for 50 years coated in cosmoline,the worst one out of the crate i took for me and this is the gun cleaned up.the stock was black.but under it was a beautiful beechnut stock.first i used brake kleen and soaked the stock it ate off all the cosmoline and ate off all the gooey varnish and brake kleen never takes off blueing ever,just oil after cleaning.it had big pores and almost turned white,i sanded it from 180 to 320 then steel wool,it was like a babies bottom,i wiped a bit of gun oil on it and it came out beautiful honey color the pics don`t do it justice.these pics are for you turkeyoake..fyi,you said you where looking for a sks that is why i posted so many pics of the yugo so you can see the beautiful dark blueing,the grade launcher ladder sites,and the gas switch button,with the bayo out.the only thing i changed was the top cover.they call it the cheesegrater.it is old school but i dig that look.but as i said pictures do not do it justice.i am posting a russian refinished from the factory sks with laminate furniture for you to see.but ask.i have them all in pictures,so if you like a certain one i will give you a detailed description and close up pictures of the gun you are intersted in.mopar

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Liked the way it turned out mopar....nice job !!

3. moparman1911

moparman1911 Well-Known Member

thanx

hey shooter.thanks brother. you are always the first to appreciate a fine firearm.you know your guns that`s for sure