Beer, Cheese and Whine

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by hombre243, Dec 31, 2015.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I need groceries. I went to start the car and it was dead as yesterdays news. I tried to get the hood open...the cable broke. I could start it if I could get it over the little ice chock behind the front tires. I got some salt starting that job. I will break out the shovel in an hour. Hopefully I can get someone to pull or help me push.

Here is what I need.: Professional whiner needed for one day. Whine in place. $1 per hour. Send me the bill. No travel necessary.

However, if I decide to do the whining all y'alls out of a job.:eek:

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

But I don't waaaaant to whiiiiiine in place, I waaaaaant to whiiiiiiine while moooooving

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I am good at whining. Would you like to see my resume?

4. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Red Wine is good for you.....in moderation of course

>
    >
    >

5. hombre243

Not necessary. I hire with a handshake and since this is whine in place, I guess I have to do it myself.

Carry on. I know I will be.

6. hombre243

I may need some. But I planned on crying in my beer.

7. hombre243

Stop whining about where you want to whine. One is as good as the next. Especially with sharp smoked cheddar on townhouse crackers and Pinot Noir.

8. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

9. hombre243

I might be able to use that sharp stick to get the hood open.

10. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

LOL it figures the hood cable broke. I can just see you staring at the hood shaking your head thinking does it get any better than this.
    Poor me pour me another one.

11. hombre243

I am just wondering how big a hole I will need to cut in the rubber wheel well liner so I can get my arm in far enough to get to the latch. Then I wonder how the H I am gonna patch it back up.

12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Quit your whining...the car is right where you left it...right !? :rolleyes:

13. hombre243

My luck some smarty boots backyard mechanic will know how to get the hood open, jump the car and steal it. His excuse will be...it sat there several weeks. I didn't think anyone wanted it anymore...and he will probably get away with it, I will have to pay car impound fees and tow charges.

It will be cheaper to cut a hole in the hood and open the hood and jump the battery with someone's car. But I was never real smart.

14. SHOOTER13

You're still whining....

15. hombre243

Nope, just speckilating on what coulda was.

16. SHOOTER13

Heard that....!!

17. hombre243

It worked...the little cig lighter socket charger worked! I had to charge it steps and wait for today's 40s temps. But the second try today, Friday, the car turned over and started. Now, I will have to drive it some more to make sure it charges. If it does not start now the battery is probably damaged. But at least now I know what I have to do if it does not start again. New battery time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ecker P2G7B&qid=1452288471&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

18. SHOOTER13

Congrats...now don't turn it off !! :rolleyes:

19. hombre243

OOPS! Now Ya tell me.

20. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

I bet there is a tool for opening the catch. I know for Corvettes there is a tool and it is simple to use. Search the internet and I bet you will find either a tool or how to get it open.