besides the marlin

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by oldbrass, Jan 15, 2012.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

savage 30-06
    remington 1911 R1 .45 auto
    870 remington 12 ga.
    10/22 ruger
    savage model 93 .22 mag

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

lots of different ones. marlins are just a part of the collection. as i enjoy firearms in general, my collection is varied and will always be. marlin makes great rifles and has been for years, but there are so many good firearms out there. i try not to limit myself to only one brand or type, and because of this, my collection will continue to be an evolution in collecting.

i will say this, i don't collect or keep firearms for them to be closet queens or just to say that i own a particular firearm. if a gun doesn't function, perform as desired, or doesn't meet my expectations, it is soon gone and replaced. everything i own gets shot at some time or another, some just get shot more than others.

3. Rooster59

Rooster59 Well-Known Member

Browning BL-22 special distributor edition matte stainless steel 20" barrel
    Remington 511 Scoremaster 22 rimfire (circa 1938-40) handed down from my godfather to my father to me)
    Kahr CW9
    Taurus Gaucho 45LC blued 5.5" barrel
    Ruger stainless Blackhawk .357 6.5" barrel
    Ruger MkIII
    Puma M92 45LC stainless 16.5" barrel
    S&W Ladysmith 642LS 38 Special (better half's purse gun)
    Stoeger Uplander 12ga SxS 26"
    Mossberg 500 12ga (better half's trap, pheasant, and house gun)
    Heritage Arms 22 revolver, bird's head grip 3.5" barrel (better half's target pistol)

And of course, the Marlins: 1895CB, 336TS, 1894C, 1895G

4. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

3 marlins
    Plus many more i lost count

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  5. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

I have this little Ruger 10/22 sporter with a weaver 4x rimfire that I'm real fond of
    [​IMG]

6. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Not a lot of others that I enjoy using currently. The nylon 77 I got when I was around 6 years old still takes care of squirrels and woodchucks .
    Wanted to switch up last fall and instead of my 3 marlins do a wrenchester season. A couple 1894s and a newer Brownchester 1895 built in '84.
    Time , $ , and not enough range time to get comfortable added up to deciding it wasn't gonna happen that season. :(
    But , the oldest of the three spoke up and almost pleaded with my to not put her back in the safe , she wanted to get out in the woods for some fresh air.
    Well being the kind hearted soul I am , I couldn't deny a sweet old girls wish ( she's around 105 years old )
    She did get to hang out at camp and on nice days got to get out and enjoy time in the woods . Unfortunately , no deer or bear for her last year , we'll give her another go this season ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit to add: sorry for crappy cell phone pics , As well as my not getting a pic of her out in the woods

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  7. JohnnyLoco

Nice Rifle there brother.

8. Gaterskiner

Gaterskiner Well-Known Member

My firearm interests go all over not just marlins. Or rifles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

1894, that is an awesome looking winchester! doesn't look like it's 105 years old and a 38-55 to boot! i would love to shoot that rifle. very nice!

gater, it looks like your collection of firearms is as varied as mine! i too like different type and calibers. i mostly am partial to bolt action centerfires, but stray from that path at times. my next in line purchase that i'm looking at is a lever action rifle chambered in 44 mag. to go with the revolver that i have.

10. JohnnyLoco

Gator, liberal definition would say you have an arsenal, conservative says you have a gun collection.

Which do you have? :)

11. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Very nice guys!

12. Gaterskiner

Gaterskiner Well-Known Member

I think that depends on Weather or not you are my friend or foe!:cool:

13. JohnnyLoco

:D Thats a good enough answer friend.

14. Ac_Man1962

Ac_Man1962 Active Member

got to figure out how to pics on here.. always have to get son to do it.... He ain't around much these days... But at this time (74) and looking..........:D

15. PackinPreacher

PackinPreacher Well-Known Member

S&W 642-1
    [​IMG]

Ruger SR40c
    [​IMG]

Ruger SR9
    [​IMG]

Ruger GP100 4" .357
    [​IMG]

Plus: S&W 22a, 1941 Winchester '94 .30WCF, Henry H001 .22, Eastern Arms .20ga Single Shot Shotty

Only allowed to display 4 images?

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Yea...but Axxe55 and I have already started Manufacturer specific threads for just that reason. There isn't an Henry or EA thread if you want to start one...S&W, Ruger, Winchester, Walther, Stoeger, Kel Tec, Beretta, Bersa, Remington, Springfield, Glock, Colt, etc. are covered in the "other guns" sub-forum !

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  17. PackinPreacher

PackinPreacher Well-Known Member

Thanks for your efforts.

18. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

A bunch of nice collections indeed. Makes me green with envy.

19. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

Agreed. I never shot my Rem 700 30-06; maybe 200rd in 20 years. So I traded it for a better bear gun, a S. Blackhawk.

20. deerhog

deerhog Member

couldnt have said it better