best scope for the M60?

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by axxe55, Nov 25, 2011.

1. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

my scope of choice was the Simmon's 8 point that came on another rifle i bought several years ago. new i think you can get them for $40 or less. seems to work pretty good so far. so what scopes are you using for you M60 and why?

2. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Center Point 3-9x40. I picked up a 4-16x50 and it ROCKED my Marlin 25MN, so I grabbed the next smaller for my trusty Glenfield 99-G (60 variant).

Also have a BSA 4x32 Rimfire on my wife's Model 60...

I refuse to put expensive glass on a rimfire when a cheapy will let me make quarter-sized groups at 150 yards with a .22WMR :)

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i know what you mean. i'm thinking of putting a 2-7 power scope on mine just for grins.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire Member

I had a 3-9x40 on my 795 and loved it. I'm a firm believer in, "you can't hit what you can't see".

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

this is true. as i get older, my eyesight is not quite what it was years ago. i can't even shoot open sights now without my glasses on, and even harder now that i wear bifocals!:eek:

6. Swampman

Swampman Active Member

I really like the Nikon Prostaff 2-7X32.

7. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

have a bushnell 3-9 rimfire scope on my 10/22 I really like it. $35 at walmart, The options are endless my friend and there`s no (best scope)..I have to just say "pick one"

8. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

I have a cheap BSA 5 MAO red dot on my 700 (70). I've been very impressed with it. It cost 35 bucks, and has been dropped and banged around, and it has stayed on zero. It'll let me murder cans at 75yds. I put a Simmons 3-9x40 rim fire scope on my 925M. It's real hard for me to find 100+ yd range shots in the woods I play in, so I've never really worked it out. But they get rave reviews, are cheap, and it shoots real good to 100yd.

9. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I have heard excellent reviews on the Nikon Prostaff. IMO, it's more money than I would spend for a general purpose rim-fire rifle. However, it would be a consideration for a hunting rifle. Logic is, why spend 100s or 1000s of dollars for a hunting trip and base your success on low dollar optics.
    As for the rim-fires, I've had good success with the BSA brand over all the other low dollar scopes. I've tried Center Points and had good success but they haven't been out long enough to build a solid reputation.
    JMHO
    Grey