bluebook on 1958 336 RC 30-30

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by Blueman2, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Blueman2

Blueman2 Member

Finally found one the right year. Described as very good. No damage visible to stock or metal, stock is glossy and the wood is a lighter shade than I prefer, I assume that is a varnish or other finish. I prefer oil but have not seen many of this year in this shape. Comes with a 4x32 scope of unknown origin . Sights are missing, sling swivels installed in butt and forearm, cannot tell if it had bullseyes in it from the pics

I think I can get it for 400 but I would not describe the rifle as being in excellent condition. It is what I am looking for in terms of age, model and caliber. No obvious bluing loss or rust or pitting. Fit of stock to metal seems good and does not appear to have been messed with.

Anyone have a bluebook guideline for a 1958 pistol grip 336RC in 30-30?

Thanks for any comments or info.

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I would say about 450

3. hunter5567

hunter5567 Well-Known Member

Probably can't go by Bluebook anymore in regards to pre-Remington Marlins. The basic walmart specials were selling for $367 or thereabouts for a new hardwood stocked one from Remlin. As was stated, $450 for a clean one and if you can get it for less its more gravy for your potatoes.

4. Blueman2

Blueman2 Member

I appreciate the comments.

Seller responded with more info about this rifle, stocks appear refinished and as he describes it, "light surface rust in the bluing with wear throughout". The included scope is an Optima Hurricane, haven't been able to find much out about that model.

Think I may keep looking for something a little nicer.

5. mathiasg

mathiasg New Member

Hey Blueman. I bought the rifle you speak of and I'm pretty happy. Paid about $430 with shipping and fees. Definitely not refinished and very clean and solid. Those were bad pictures. You had me worried.

6. Blueman2

Blueman2 Member

I am glad it worked out for you and I am glad you are pleased with it. I am sure my day will come at some point . . . or I will lose interest in the 336 RC (unlikely)!

I did not mean to alarm anyone with the description, I was simply repeating what the seller sent me.

I got distracted by another rifle on another site that looked much better. Price is a lot higher too at $500. I finally decided to do nothing right now as I hate regretting my buy and would rather spend a little more and be happy once.

I am still debating whether to wait for another one on GB or save up for the one I found on the other site..

Blueman2

7. erum

erum New Member

The kids had a great time shooting some 22 pistols, and my son had a ball on a couple of mounted machine guns.