Boat Accident

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Hyphenated, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

The Mississippi and Missouri Rivers are very low right now. This creates all kinds of sand bars, which are fun places to shoot. So I decided to load up and do some plinking. Well, I just couldn't make up my mind about what to bring so I just loaded up the boat with all my guns.

I got half way across the river and a barge came by creating a huge rolling wake. Dang if that wake didn't flip my boat and dumped everything into the river. It was terrible. The water was cold. I had to swim 150 yards wearing clothes and a heavy coat. When I reached the bank I was exhausted, confused and disoriented. When I went to the police station to report the accident I was so shaken I couldn't even remember on which river the accident occurred.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Happened to you too, huh !?

What a coincidence...

3. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

What guns? My 4 ex wives stole them from me...all of them. And I am still on hold with the local PD trying to file a report.

4. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I gave all my guns to mexican drug dealers, the D.O.J. said it was perfectly legal as long as I didn`t try to track them and lost all records of said weapons

5. dads81-DL

dads81-DL Well-Known Member

Mine evaporated while sitting next to the orange crush I had.

6. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

woohahaha...

7. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Before my x-wife took off she pawned my 12ga double barrell damascus twist steel barrel shotgun, a Browning Sweet 16, A marlin Stevens single shot .22, and a Winchester 30-30. I had them under the bed and didn't miss them for a week. She wisely would not tell me where she was and didn't show for the divorce!!!

8. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

a polar bear took mine!:eek:

9. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Mine fell out of the cargo compartment of the Dehavilland Beaver on my last trip to Alaska...oh wait, that's gonna' happen in a coupla' years when my son finishes up with college.

10. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

You SOB! I believed you until I got to the last line. I was ready to contribute to a fund to get you new guns. I'm a gullible fool.:eek:

11. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Hey Duster, I bet he'd still take your contribution. You know those ammo prices keep going up (if you can find any!)

12. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Yep...Sounds very plausible to me! Good thing you weren't wearing hip boots of chest waders...Eeeek!

Grand idea, but I don't know if I'd want to get wet as a testament to reinforcing my story in freezing waters as I trudged into the local PD Station to report such a catastrophe! Had enough of that when I'd tear a hole in a wader while standing in knee-deep water while duck hunting, but I was a die-hard waterfowler and didn't let shivers and hypothermia deter me from my appointed rounds with a bag limit of good eating table fare. I went through several pairs in my young and foolish days!

Thanks for the story...err, sorry you'll have to rebuild a collection IF you can find any at affordable prices. Plain Jane XLs are about $350 these days and the 336s, man folks are proud of those levers.

Good week...one and all.

Attached Files:

13. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

You SOB! I believed you until I got to the last line. I was ready to contribute to a fund to get you new guns. I'm a gullible fool.

Hey Duster....it could have happen!!! I appreciate your concern though.