Browning Firearms

Discussion in 'Other Guns' started by SHOOTER13, Jan 24, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Pictured below is my Browning Buck Mark. The Buck Mark pistol is a semi-automatic designed with a straight blowback action, and is crafted using aluminum alloy. The gun uses .22 Long Rifle ammunition, with a magazine holding ten rounds. The gun comes with a thumb safety as well as front and rear iron sights. I have also equipped mine with a red dot scope...

[​IMG]

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about the Buckmark. Never owned one but everything I've heard has been positive.
    In the past, I've owned a Citori, a Signature Model BT-99, a 1954 Belgium A-5 and last but not least, a Mod. 92 chambered for 44 mag.
    I really liked the mod. 92 except for the top ejection and the fact that I'm having major problems with seeing iron sights. Then a close friend of mine liked it more than me. Now it lives at his house.
    I'm a firm believer in spreading the joy of having a new toy. Especially with close friends.

3. SHOOTER13

Thanks Grey...and that is very nice of you to take care of a friend like that...goes around, comes around !!

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

As you all are beginning to discover, I've owned a lot of different guns but in the past few years have been winding down.
    I'll soon be 65 and if I had known that I would live this long, I'd taken better care of myself. I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in. :eek: My life resembles the commercial about "Low T' :p and my eye sight is beginning to fail. That is why I have trouble with iron sights and have mounted scopes or reflex sights on my guns.
    Anyway, the hunting has slowed and my collection has dwindled. Still got a few that meet my immediate needs and time at the range is still enjoyable. There isn't enough stamina for stomping through the woods like I did back in the 70s, 80s, & 90s. The Lord has blessed me richly and I'm better off than some that are my age. For that I'm thankful.
    Maybe that is why I enjoy this forum so much. I get to share in the joys of those who share in my interest. :D

5. SHOOTER13

...and there it is in a nutshell. I'll be retired four years in April (2012) after serving 32 years with the DoD. It wasn't just a job, it was a pleasure that took me all over this great country of ours. A duty fulfilled and an honor to serve...but now it's all about enjoying the time I have left...and that's exactly what I'm doing !!