Bubba strikes again

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by FOUR4D4, May 6, 2013.

1. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Lightened? Someone just drilled holes in it.

3. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Awe Austin, it was done...of course, with a brand new carbide 4-flute endmill on a knee mill to minimize burrs and get within 0.0005" of where it was designed to be lightened! HO-Lee smokes, buy without seeing. What "else" was done that is hidden?

Caveat emptor, I reckon!

4. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree. We can only be certain of ourselves.

5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

How many original Springfields, Mausers, and Enfields were bubba'd/butchered into "deer rifles"? Brings tears to my eyes just contemplating the numbers.

6. Ac_Man1962

Ac_Man1962 Active Member

But............................... it will outshoot YOUR 1911.............. Outshoot it..........You don't have a prayer against this awsome gun.........:rolleyes:

7. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

Wow !

Look at all the great access points for grit & grime to enter into the system ! :eek:
    Here's a mauser, but I wouldn't call it "butchered" !
    colville hunt 058.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  8. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Looks good Tahoe and no offense was intended, but for those of us who appreciate old military bolt guns, finding a Mauser that has all matching numbers and is in otherwise great conditition, cut down into a "deer" rifle is just sad...a piece of history lost. I have a Swedish Mauser in my collection that I personally cut down when I was young, stupid, and unknowing of what I had - purchased for $69, all matching numbers-including the stock. I keep it to remind me that even the best of us are entitled to make mistakes. You have a fine rifle there, enjoy it!

9. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

Thanks 28,
    that was a "Big 5" $100 dollar special with a badly cracked stock; when I saw it (7 years ago) I bought it with the intention of making a sporter out of it. :eek:
    She shoots an honest 1-1/4" @ 100 and 3" @ 200 with Nosler Ballistic Tips :D
    I have others that maintain their military heritage.
    cinco de mayo 050.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2013