Camp Carbines

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by odinp13, Apr 24, 2013.

1. odinp13

odinp13 New Member

Where are all the camp carbine fans out there? Got to be one of Marlins most popular line.

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Marlin Forum. Glad to have you here.
    I'd like to be a Camp Carbine Fan, if only I could find one at a reasonable price. They are not easy to find in this neck of the woods.

3. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Welcome to the forum!! I hear some of the people on here talking about them. Try a search on the forum.

4. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I wish they`d start making them again, If you can find one for sale they`re spendy

5. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 Active Member

Used to see them quite often but verrry seldom now, and as mentioned, they're pricey when found. My brother mentioned them a short tim ago saying the parts for them are getting more difficult to find as well. (kinda makes sense) With that, if you're one that has to have spare parts for your guns, think before buying one.

Sad but only way they'd sell enough to warrant production now is if they made it with a polymer stock and Picatinney rail. Yuck!

6. odinp13

odinp13 New Member

Boy! That would be great if Marlin brought back the camp carbine line.

7. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Yes but the price wont be pretty :eek:

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I would buy one if they bring back that line...

9. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The Camp Carbines were too far ahead of their time. There is such a ready market now with "preppers", people who want a basic home defense weapon but not a handgun, law enforcement, and folks like us who would just like to have one to shot and enjoy, I can't believe Marlin won't restart production. Build it in 9m/m using Glock magazines and .45 ACP using 1911 mags and I'm sure they'd sell.

10. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

If you're gonna dream...dream big. I'd like to see them add some muscle and chamber it for the 10mm.

11. SanTex

SanTex New Member

I have a 9mm camp gun that has never been taken out of the box. It still the price on the box, $249.95. It' about time to unbox it, clean it and replace the buffer, and start playing with it.

12. Donn

Donn Active Member

Can't remember the last time I saw one.

13. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Go on Gunbroker but make sure to have your heart pills nearby. Unbelievable what they bring today!