Checking on getting right eye done

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Jan 3, 2016.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Eye appt. tomorrow at 0900. I NEED the Cataract removed in my right eye and the same thing they did to the left last year. I look thru my scope with my left and HOLLY MOLLEY, what a difference. I tried shooting left handed today, not bad but will take a lost of getting used to. When my new mechanical rear rest gets here it will be a lot easier. Adjustments are right at my hand and dont have to reach forward to track across. If they can do it before middle of Feb I will have it done now. If not will wait till after the match season ends in early Oct.

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Wait till you get it done you seem like a cracker jack shooter as it is with some of the targets you have posted

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Eye surgery has improved greatly in the past several years. I wish you the best success, be it sooner or later.

4. SWO1

Eye exam went good, all is well. Have a consultation with the surgeon on 25 Jan. They put me on the cansulation call list if anything comes open before then.

5. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Let us know when and I'll put you on my prayer list.

6. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

Best in mind for you getting it done before your matches come up. You might take top shooter.

7. SWO1

Made the eye appt. this morning at 0830. All the tests came out "A Go". they did all the eye measurements with some of those laser do-Hickeys. Took about 45 minutes. Flashing Red, Green, and white lights. Met with the surgeon, Dr. Scott. I am scheduled to have it done Thursday afternoon at 1300, 28 Jan. All the things that need to be fixed he said He will take care of it all ..... :D If it comes out as good as the left one did I will be a happy camper.

8. msharley

msharley Well-Known Member

Hey SWO,

Prayer sent.

Later, Mark

9. Gumpy

I've put you on my prayer list, Frank. Hopefully everything will work out well for you!

10. SWO1

Check in for the eye surgery tomorrow afternoon at 1300. Cant drink/eat anything after 0500 in the morning. Food I can do without ...... BUT got to have my coffee, the nectar of life. Good thing I get up BEFORE 0-dark thirty. Will be done with the coffee by 0500

11. Gumpy

That's the good thing about afternoon surgery. You can have breakfast! Having a biopsy done in a couple of weeks, and I had it scheduled for the afternoon for that reason. Lol I'll keep you in my prayers tomorrow!

12. SWO1

Same for you Gumpy

Hoping it turns out OK. Keep us informed.

13. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow Frank. Hope everything goes good for you. Let us know, cause we'll be thinking about you.

14. Gumpy

Today is the Day. Good luck and God bless you, the surgeon, and staff, Amen!

15. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I just prayed that all would go well with the procedure. Hoping for the very best results.

16. SWO1

All went as well as the first one did. 4.5 hours there for a 15 minute procedure. I must say they were through and it was a great time with all of them. About 12 hours later and its already better. After the wife and myself had a great supper before coming home. In a week will see the local eye doc and have it checked. I will need reading glasses for up close. The lenses that would have corrected that were a $5K option for each eye (Insurance dosnt pay for that).

17. Gumpy

18. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Cool Beans Sw that is Awesome!

19. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That's great news! Reading glasses will give you an air of intelligence and sophistication and they're really great to look over when you're putting younger folks in their place. I do hope you have a brown Harris Tweed with elbow patches to complete the look.

20. SWO1

Picked up my reading glasses yesterday. $7.98 for 3 pair. I can buy a lot of em for way under $10K. Best thing is NO MORE GLASSES FOR DRIVING or WATCHING TV. Over the hood of the truck its like it was many, many years ago. Oh and thu the scope, Was never better. Only down side is no more iron sights AT ALL. With the reading glasses everything past 5-6 ft starts to get fuzzy. Without em cant focus on the front sight blade. I maybe could hit a deer at 25 yards, A BIG one ..... :p On second thought make that a Moose.