Circulation Problems? Here is a source for...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by hombre243, Dec 31, 2014.

1. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

They are great socks. I don't have diabetes, but the doctor recommended wearing them for a month after my knee replacements to help prevent blood clots. Also, the doctors recommend that anyone who flies also wear these stockings to help prevent DVT's.

2. jbardellini

jbardellini Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting I think I will order a pair and try them out

Sent from my iPhone using Marlin Forum

3. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

You are welcome. They work but the ones I got from the VA were tighter that the skin on a hotdog. Let me know how these work for you. I am ordering also, as soon as payday gets here.

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Havasu, what kind of recovery time did you have on your knee replacement. The knee surgery I just went through isn't working to well. Doc said I was probably facing total replacement if it didn't heal. It will be Nine weeks when my next appt rolls around. I'm wondering how much longer I'm looking at!

5. hombre243

Good luck with those knee surgeries. I have heard those are painful and iffy. I hope the socks help.

6. hombre243

Well, payday got here a day early. I ordered 3 pairs of the over the calf. If I like them I will be ordering more.

7. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I had my first knee surgery on my left knee in March, 2013. My second surgery, on my right knee was done in March 2014. Although they had to do another small surgery on my left knee (clean and debride scar tissue) in July 2014, I'm happy to say I am about 90% fixed on my knees. As a matter of fact, just this last week, I walked 6 miles twice in the hills...with no pain to my knees.

Attached Files:

8. Gumpy

Those pictures hurt!!!

9. hombre243

I have an idea...let's all post our OWIES. Here's mine: Got a small case of celulitis starting from that little skin on the shin.

Attached Files:

10. Gumpy

That looks painful too! Its to depressing to list all mine! I just had four procedures done in two months.

11. hombre243

It itches more that it hurts. I just wanted some attention and sympathy, but then I remembered where I can find sympathy...in the dictionary.

12. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

LOL I wish you would have gone to the dictionary. How do you know when you are old? When all the talk is about who is having what ailments and operations.
    Why are the older years called the golden years?

13. hombre243

I posted that I thought we should post our yucckies...as a joke. My infection has cleared up nicely. And by the way, the socks are nice. I can get these on a lot easier than the ones I got from the VA. I don't have any swelling in my lower legs but the infection started to dissipate the same day I started wearing them and is almost gone. I like them and I will order more soon.

14. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

15. hombre243

Kind of expensive. The socks work ok. Thanks for the link. I think my main problem now is I am too lazy to brave the snow and cold...at least this below zero stuff. Once I get to moving around again...whoopeee! Perfect health.
    :)eek:)

16. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Hombre
    Then get back on skype

17. hombre243

Bucky, when I am in a talking mood, I will.

18. Gumpy

What's a Skype?

19. hombre243

That's what they take newbies (?) and other gullible types out in the woods or fields to hunt, and then leave them there...aint it?:D