Coffee

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shooter, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Any other coffee lovers in the community?

I drink it all day up till 5, then stop so my heart can slow down before I go to bed.

I just finished up an Old World Espresso form Riverfront Roasters, it was excellent.

2. AR_hillbilly

AR_hillbilly Member

Yep, gots to have my coffee! Usually drink 1/2 caff, or just decaf, Dr's orders for my ticker. :(

3. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Yep, I fresh grind my french roast beans every morning, takes about 4 cups to get things moving....

4. Shooter

I need to stop drinking as much as I do. Does the half calf taste the same?

I'm actually getting a French Press this evening. Target has a Bodum on sale I liked, I knew if I waited till after the holidays I would be able to find something cheap.

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

coffee is one of natures pain relievers, so i drink quite a lot sometimes. my favorite that i keep at the house is a coffee and chickory blend that is plenty strong.

6. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

In the evenings we like a cup of sleepy time herbal tea,its very relaxing and no caffeen

7. Shooter

It only helps me if I'm having headaches.

I have peppermint tea I drink at night. It helps with acid and indigestion.

8. AR_hillbilly

AR_hillbilly Member

There's probly a little difference in the taste, but I've drunk mostly half caff for so long I usually like it better.

9. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Coffee lover ? Not really , a couple cups in the am to get me going , but you wouldn't like my interpretation of "coffee" lol
    2 heaping tsps instant coffee , fill cup just past 1/2 way with hot water , 1/2 the rest of the way with sugar , finish with milk. Looks like regular coffee lol.

10. mccaw69

mccaw69 Member

I drink way too much of it,so my Dr. and my blood pressure says.Been tappering off,substituting tea some,but it's just not the same.lol

11. Shooter

That's the way most of the world makes it. America, and the west in general seem to have an aversion to instant.

It's all you can get at my Grandmother's house, so when I went there for Christmas I took my own.

I was told drink less or lose weight, I lost weight.

12. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

Coffee, Drinkin it now...Good Mornin!

13. Shooter

Just had four shots myself and am looking at the machine that keeps calling my name.

Long night, we're dog sitting for my grandmother and the dog wakes up barking every couple of hours.

14. mainecat

mainecat Active Member

It's 1115 right now here in Maine!!! I'm on my third cup!!!

We just bought a Cuisinart single brew keurig system.. It uses the K-cups.. These single serve cups are very expensive!!! I use the reusable filter full of foldgers when I can, much cheaper, but not as quick..
    But I'm in no hurry, I'll get my next cup ready while I enjoy this one!!!:D

15. Shooter

Do you like the Kcup? I've heard good and bad things about taste.

I tried one once, I was impartial.

16. mainecat

mainecat Active Member

Definately not worth the price of the K-cups!!

If I had it to do over again, I would get another Hamilton Beach 'single serve' 12 cup coffee maker.. Our last one lasted 5 years, a seal went and it started leaking.. I probably could've fixed it, but figured it was time for a new one..

I do like the hot water for tea feature on the single brew!! I drink tea at night..

17. 1895gunner

1895gunner Well-Known Member

I'm not a coffee drinker,..... I'm a guzzler. I drink coffee all day long (10-12 hour work days) and till I go to bed. Got one with me right now. I've tried the kcups but too expensive for the amount I drink. I brew 12 cups at a time and rarely throw any out.

Yep, I like coffee.

1895gunner

18. Shooter

When buying machines I look for simplicity. Basically an on button of some sort and not much else.

Some drips will get a little hot a scorch coffee with their plates. All you have to do is add a little water to the pot before you brew (If I'm making eight cups I put seven in the reservoir and keep one in the pot) and it keeps it tasting like it ought to.

I guzzle too. Gets it in my blood a little quicker.

I can't drink up till I go to bed, I stop at five and give my body enough time to get it all out.

I don't feel alive without the stuff.

19. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known Member

20. Shooter

Long morning.

One of those days without coffee I just would have crawled back into bed.