Coming Weather -8-9-12

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by 28Shooter, Aug 9, 2012.

1. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Hey guys,

We're getting warnings here in the Baltimore area that some seriously nasty weather is heading our way from the west and is expected to hit us tomorrow. How's the weather in your area?

2. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

We had a very strong storm with some nice size hail last night in eastern MO. Probably the same system moving your way. We need the rain, but I can live without the wind and hail. It took off one of my shutters.

3. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

We're having storms move through Ohio. Haven't had much damage that I know of. Although a portion of a town near us was without power for a few hours last Sunday. We were fine here. The forecast is for more storms tonight.
    Button down the hatches and stay safe. Pleeease.

4. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We're good. Hot but good.

5. Windy

Windy Well-Known Member Supporting

The last couple days have been very pleasant here in Illinois. On the 9th we had some rain but the temps have been in the mid 70's...going down into the high 50's at night. Very little humidity. I've been getting a lot done now that it's not so hot. My windows are open, breeze flowing through the house. Great sleeping weather. :)

6. 28Shooter

What was the old expression, "Don't take any wooden nickels and never believe the weatherman!" Weather yesterday was beautiful - sunny, upper 80s, with a shower overnight. Talk about blowing the forecast! I somtimes I think they did better using almanacs and goose entrails.

7. Shooter

Still blistering hot here.

Come on Fall!

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Been pretty nice here this week.

9. Shooter

All in all it wasn't the worst week. Still hot, but not that humid so tolerable.

10. 28Shooter

We've been consistently in the mid to upper 90s for over month and we're finally getting enough rain to make everything grow - the yards anyway. The corn crop is spotty and even the soybeans have been suffering. Going to be a tough year for the farmers.

11. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

It's going to be beautiful here in MO the next few days. Any rain we get is too late to save the corn. It is so dry here farmers are already combining their corn. No need to wait until Oct, it is already toast.

12. Shooter

We had some rain the past couple of days. Cooled everything off considerably.