Converting to Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Shooter, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I wanted everyone to know that by the end of the week we will be converting to Tapatalk. If you see any issues with the current mobile app please hold tight while we convert. Thanks, and I know this will be a positive change for the community, and the issues with the mobile app.

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

What's that mean! I'm am old man with his first smart phone! LOL

3. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporting

We will be doing away with the current standalone app, it will be through "tapatalk" which is a community based forum where you can have all your forums in one place.

It is supported by Android and IOS, just do a search for "tapatalk" in the apple store or google play market

Any questions, feel free to ask

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Hey my friends, I found my way to tapatalk! WOW!! Will wonders never cease!! Its only took me about an hour. Thanks for the help.

5. glock26USMC

Glad you found it, any issues please ask.

6. Shooter

I wanted to clarify something. There will still be a Marlin Forum branded application, however instead of being a branded ForumRunner one, we will be using Tapatalk as the backend. There is no need to go and download Tapatalk, just update the Marlin Forum application you have now and it will work just fine.

7. 444Hal

444Hal Well-Known Member

I've got both apps (TT/FR) on my phone. Is there an advantage of one over the other?

8. glock26USMC

The Forum Runner will not be avaliable once the update goes through, it will have the tapatalk as the backend

9. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I started the Tapatalk installation. Got as far as giving permission for them to have my FB personal information including my list of friends. Sorry folks. My privacy setting are set to keep that information private. So I cancelled the process. There may be ways around my FB settings that I'm not aware of but I won't deliberately give out my friends list w/o their permission.
    Just the way I am.
    If Marlin Forum can not be accessed w/o Tapatalk, I'll miss you guys.

10. glock26USMC

You can register via "email" don't need Facebook to register with Tapatalk

11. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Or you can keep using Marlin Forum app and just use your ID and password to login.

12. glock26USMC

There is always that too :D

13. 444Hal

444Hal Well-Known Member

The problem I'm having is I signed up with my phone (gmail) account a while back. So for some reason I'm having trouble logging on. It won't accept my log on, it's telling me wrong password . So I don't know if I need to log on with my tapatalk name/password.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  14. glock26USMC

Please just hold off until we get the conversion done, then you will upgrade your current Marlin app, and use the same username and password that you currently use

15. Shooter

Typically that's a user error, so if you would like me to confirm your pass please send it to me through a private message.

16. 444Hal

444Hal Well-Known Member

Ok, so I tried tapatalk again. This time it couldn't even find you in a search. So I downloaded your app (cool looking app, BTW) and logged on ok.

17. glock26USMC

It's been removed from tapatalk, to resolves some issues..... It will be put back into tapatalk once the issues are addressed