Date/Time stamp on posts !!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by SWO1, Sep 9, 2012.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

The date and time stamp on posts is WAY OFF. Thats assuming of course the Server is on this continent.....LOL. Just an observation...really annoying....to me anyway.....:p

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Go to your control panel and change your time zone:D

3. SWO1

I take it from your post you dont have that problem.......:confused:
    Been there....done that....I am set for US Central Time....Internet Time is set to sync to Internet master time server. I Frequent about 12 other Forums and all others are in Specs.

4. FOUR4D4

Im not sure i think mine was doing the same maybe someone will chime in on this

5. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

funny thing, mine is an hour behind also. didn't notice until the last post i made. i might check my settings to make sure my time is in the right zone.

6. FOUR4D4

Check for daylight savings time setting also

7. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i did. i reset my settings. so lets see what happens. my local time is 2:12 PM.

8. FOUR4D4

Its 3:17 here

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

mines set correctly now. just reset the DST setting and it shows the correct time now.

10. SWO1

Whats showing on Axxe's post with his time, the date/time stamp is 5 hours ahead of him. On Four's post it's 4 hours ahead of his time he posted. What we do on OUR computer will have no effect on the SERVER's date/time stamp on functions. Let me see what my post shows....

11. SWO1

My last post is also 5 hours ahead like Axxe's. We are both in the Central time zone.....LOL......beats me !!!

12. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

that is curious. i live in Texas and you are in Missouri. yes both of us are in the Central time zone, so our settings should be the same. i did reset my DST and that changed mine to the correct time.

13. SWO1

Let me get this straight Axxe.......

The Date/time stamp on the post, that shows up in the top left corner in the black bar with the post # on the top right "is the same time as the clock on your computer.....within a minute of course"

And the same question for you Four...are they both the same ???

14. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

yes it is. the time on my computer is 3:56 PM as of now.

15. SWO1

Guess its just me then.....:confused: Dosn't affect anything. The little voice in my head just deducts 5 hours from what the forum says and I'm good to go. Guess I'm JUST SPECIAL.........:rolleyes: Do ya think it could be these Hearing Aids I just got 3 weeks ago....?

Back to regular scheduled posting

16. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

if you had said the new glasses you got 3 weeks ago, i'd have said yes!:D

17. SWO1

I'm sorry Axxe but your last post is stamped..Today 10:02 PM..so I will have no idea what you said until then..:eek:

18. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Testing; 1-2-3 @ 7:08 pm

19. SWO1

WRONG, WRONG, greyhawk55, you posted at "Today 11:08 PM" and that was copied and pasted right off the screen.

I just checked my other two computers hanging off the Router, and they BOTH say the same thing.....5 hours difference. Checked 6 other forums I regurally visit and all are OK. Even 2 of them use the same Message Board Software this one does.

I love these LITTLE MYSTERIES....and of course the simpilist errors, mistakes, ect. are the hardest to detect/explain.

20. SWO1

When I do a Date/Time conversion using UTC/GMT I am seeing Date/Time stamps on the Marlin Forum as it would be in Iceland/Great Britian/Spain/Western most countries in Africa.............:confused: