Does anyone know of a good quality high cap mag for the 795??

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by pearlygates, May 12, 2012.

1. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

I have seen enough bad press about the Shooter's Ridge mags to steer me clear of buying one. So are there; aside from buying a buttload of Marlin 10 beaners, any viable alternatives out there?

Thanks in advance.;)

2. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

Guess not.. Hey MARLIN!!!!! How about producing a factory hi cap mag for the 795???

3. wjjones

wjjones Well-Known Member

I have one I would let go its a 25rd for a 795. I got my old model 60 working again so I sold my 795, and still have the mag. I bought it new, and only fired one pass through it (25) rounds.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  4. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

Yeah.. I am gonna stay away from the Shooter's Ridge brand. Thanks tho.

5. wjjones

wjjones Well-Known Member

No problem I hope you find the one you need this one is a Champion mag.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  6. gurnemanz

gurnemanz New Member

I'd be happy if Marlin would just ship that new run of 10-round mags they're supposed to be running.

7. tCan

tCan Active Member

Once a 25/30 round mag that's reliable comes out for the 795, (and they start shipping it with a wood stock FFS), the Ruger 10/22 might see its market share dip a bit. Maybe. But what I can tell you is that the 795 will take off like a bat out of hell. That WILL happen.

8. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I've got three of the Champion mags, which is the Second Generation S-R mag...they all work great!!
    Green follower = Bad
    Grey follower = GOOD!!

It is not unusual for the first run of anything to suck eggs when it comes to MFRing...
    hence why few but the foolish buy first year models of cars/trucks...due to first-run errors...
    So it was totally reasonable to wait for the 2nd Generation ;)

Also, if you are going to use non-OEM equipment, please pillar-bed/regular bed your stock...it cuts down on magwell alignment errors...
    and that can save you problems whether with OEM or non-standard mags...and increase your repeatability in firing tight little groups ;)

9. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

New York laws prevent them from producing Hi-Caps, which is why I went WTF? when they decided to move there...
    They shoulda moved to the Deep South, where we LOVE guns and Hi-Cap mags!!

Florida (non-coastline) is VERY inexpensive to live in, build a biz, low taxes, no state tax on employees,
    and has a HUGE workforce of Military Retirees to draw from...(which means people that actually SHOW UP ON TIME and actually DO a day's work...)
    For what they paid in TAXES in NY alone, they could have built a brand-new facility in Northwest Florida...DUH!!

If anyone wishes to open a Manufacturing plant, please contact me and I'll show you how to save a few million, ok??