Face Book and Guns

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Hyphenated, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

If you are a gun owner, and everyone here is, Face Book is not your friend. Not only are your friends viewing your information...so is your employer, enemies, local school districts, state and federal government agencies.

A very disturbing story recently made the news. A father gave his young son a rifle for a birthday gift. Geez, how many of us have done that same thing? Well the proud father posted a picture of his son holding the rifle on Face Book. Shortly after the picture was posted Youth and Family Services plus several police officers were at his front door. They demanded entry into the home for inspection and registration of the families firearms. They had the good sense not to let them in and called a lawyer.

These kinds of actions by government agencies will only get worse since they know they can expect cover from the DOJ in our current political climate. If you have a Face Book account don't post any firearm related information. Everything you put on there is in the public domain.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

So the government knows I have a gun :eek:...They let me use there`s for 20 years

3. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Forums are all open to snooping.

4. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

This forum actually posts articles on facebook, My 30-06 was last weeks article HAHA

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

They even had that story in our local paper.It's just plain getting crazy out there.

6. hombre243

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

What you say is very true.
    Actually, anytime that we access the internet, our information is open for review by the government. Be it Facebook, e-mails, bank accounts, on-line forums, anything. Caution is the key word.
    I've received e-mails on my greyhawk gmail account that starts out with "Dear Mr. Robert *******. I have never used my given name on that account. Nothing on the internet is secure.
    Our "friends" on Facebook are not really our friends. My definition of a friend is someone that would drop everything to help me in a time of need. Regardless of the time of day or the level of inconvenience that it imposes. I would like to think that we, on this forum, have developed a level of true friendship. But even that varies based on the individual. Consider yourself blessed if you can count your true friends by using the fingers of more than one hand.
    Internet connections are not really secure. Politicians and government employees don't really work for the people. As a Nation, we the people are not really free. "To serve and protect" doesn't always apply to you.
    Oh my, how things have changed. Or have they?????

8. hombre243

My sentiments exactly

The internet was begun by the government. I have no doubt the intelligence agencies guard it well.

9. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Where have you been...Al Gore invented the internet. Just ask him. LOL

The point here is not that the Govt. is watching, because they always have been. What's going on now with this administration is we are inching our way back to Nazi Germany. Did you ever think buying your son a .22 rifle for his birthday would earn you a visit from Family Services and the police? Everything that use to be good in this country has now been twisted by the left into something bad. Buying your kids a rifle now equals child endangerment. At the police academy isn't Miranda rights and a search warrant taught on the first day. How in the world could 4 police officers back up Family Services without a warrant? All the Govt. employees in this situation knew they were breaking the law and it didn't stop them. Posting your kid holding a rifle on Face Book just makes it easy for the Govt to pick their next harassment victim. Just because they are watching doesn't mean you have to make it easy for them.

Posting pictures of your AR-15's on Face Book won't get you a visit from Andy Griffith and Opie....times have changed.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  10. hombre243

And so it goes...

Him and his ilk came to my old hometown area several years back. In one of the small outlying areas his SS guys came into the little counter convenient store all dressed up like trout fishermen. This was the Mississippi River town of Hampton. The only trout in the area were Rubbernosed Trout...Carp. They were laughed out of the store. The clerk was telling me about the situation...when they were about to leave, she offered to sell them one of those Lone Ranger black masks. They were not impressed.

Gore did take a ride on the river with the local transportation guru. Most people preferred that he be run out of town on a rail.:D

11. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Was it possible they were sportsman just on the trail with him?

I have many friends I suspect of being liberal (I don't ask) who are avid sportsman.

12. hombre243

Government plates

13. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Quayle was in the Bush :D

14. Shooter

My thought is it was someone travelling with Obama looking for a fishing spot with the gear he owned and not what the location required.

I used to do that quite a bit. I had a little travel pole and when I was in different parts of Texas and saw a river I would pull over and fish it for a bit.

15. hombre243

SS Advance team

1990's. I KNOW who they were and they were not just travelers. They were too pretty.:)

16. Shooter

Clearly you've never seen a picture of me!

17. hombre243

Well

Not clearly...:)