Feral dog shooting in Oz

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Bucky, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Guys
    Here is a short "you tube" clip of Tom Varney taking care of some Feral Dogs, Down Under

If you want to obtain the Complete Video
    Just grovel some

[ame]http://youtu.be/4JkioRo8pcM[/ame]

Enjoy
    Bucky

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Thanks for posting Bucky...

Feral dogs a big problem down under...?

3. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Really big
    Along with Pigs, cats, goats, camels, cane toads, and fire ants, and most introduced species, that have been dumped in the bush, or introduced, as their numbers flourish, due to the vastness of Australia

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

I seen a show about the mice/rat problem too...millions of 'em everywhere !!

Unbelieveable....

5. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Friends of ours, in the Mallee, the Wheat Belt, in Northern Victoria, get hit with mouse, and locust Plagues

6. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Bucky - Camels? What do you about them?

7. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

There have been reports of up to 2 million feral Camels in Oz, and apparently they are the purest breeds in the world. I have not shot any, so I do not know how hardy they are.
    I believe that there are moves to open Camel Abbitoir's up to export the meat back to the Arabs.
    They inhabbit mostly the land west of the Adelaide, to Darwin Road, the Stuart Highway, and numbers have ben spotted even more east of that road, as they look for food and water.
    In 2009, after we got back from our Western Australia desert trip, they invaded the Aboriginal Community of Docker River, in their hundreds, looking for food and water..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-eKegfkgyk[/ame]

In thick vegitation on our trip, they just appeared out of nowhere, and they are "friggin huge"

Cheers
    Bucky

Attached Files:

8. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That's amazing Bucky - didn't know they were such a problem for you folks! I can understand how a herd of those things wandering into your camp at night might be cause for more than a little excitement. Sorry that the beasts need to be eradicated but the damage they are doing to your native ecosystem must be incredible.