Fiberforce Stock

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by dwcfastrice, Jun 5, 2012.

1. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Member

Has anyone worked with one of these before?

Thinking of putting a Glenfield 25 into one of these.

Was wondering how much materials removal needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.

D

2. wjjones

wjjones Well-Known Member

Not sure on the 25 but I put one on my Glenfield model 60, and it worked out great. Which one are you looking at? I think they make 2, or 3 different style fiber stocks.

3. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Member

Cool. did you have to remove any material?

I was only aware of this style:
    http://www.combathunting.com/product.cgi?group=107&product=24965

Was looking at this tan or the black.
    I understand these are designed for the semi-auto, but I was thinking of carving out a spot for the bolt of the 25.

thanks!
    D

4. wjjones

wjjones Well-Known Member

I didnt have to make any mods for the Model 60 but the front take down screw was to short so I have to find one longer to replace it. The stock in your link looks just like mine only mine is black I like that tan though it looks pretty good.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  5. gunrunner178

gunrunner178 New Member

I used one on an old Marlin 60 and had no problems.
    Mounted a $40 red dot from Truglo and it's a great plinker

6. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I'm sorry i have no experience with that type of stock.I prefer wood furniture, thats just me.

7. coledew#27

coledew#27 New Member

I put one on my 60, and had to take a little off the rear where the action sits so it would work with the provided screw, other than that it works pretty well.

8. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc Active Member

I like this one! Now I might just have to get one:D

9. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

It will take some serious modification to put a Fiberforce stock on an old 1970's Marlin 25...
    In fact, ain't quite sure how well it would work...

Might be better off with an airsoft bolt-action stock like a Blaser LS1...or any airsoft bolt-action style stock...
    plenty of Tacti-kewl stocks out there...look up Defcon and his Marlin XT22 mods...google is your friend ;)

Boyd's has a laminate replacement...the model 81 is the tube-fed version of the 20/25/80/780...
    so you have to mod for mag-feed...but it ain't hard for a woodworker...

10. archer12006

archer12006 New Member

I put one of these on my mdl 60 was a little tricky around the rear screw. but love it..

11. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Member

I guess I should update more often.

I ended up buying a 25 stock and using the fiberforce stock for a Marlin 60 I picked up.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the info on Defcon. I will check out how the airsoft thing might work...

thx
    Dave

12. mrwintr

mrwintr Active Member

I bought one of these stcoks and when I went to tighten up that rear screw to my 60 the dang thing broke (cracked) the back of the trigger guard, so when I took it back apart to see what happened I had ruined my trigger guard and was not able to put the wood stock back on the rifle....been looking for a good trigger guard ever since, but everone thinks their New style trigger guards are worth a fortune. So the gun went back into the synthetic stock and their it lives.