fire sights for the 60

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by rm_mdl60, Sep 21, 2014.

1. rm_mdl60

rm_mdl60 Well-Known Member

Interested in chaging out my sights for the williams sights any thoughts?

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

I bought a set for my model 70 (magazine fed version of the model 60) and my 11 year old son loves them. I changed the 70 to tech sights and a they currently reside on a 60. Easy install, easy to adjust and work well. Much better than the stock sight.

3. rm_mdl60

That's the answer I was looking for gonna buy them the next time I have cash....thanks!

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Which model are you thinking about getting, rm_?

5. rm_mdl60

My model 60 after looking down the barrel I thought I could use some better sights

6. Gumpy

I'm sorry! I wasn't very specific in my question! I thought you could read my mind. I was talking about the gun sight. I've been thinking about getting one for my Levermatic, and was looking at the 'Ace in the Hole' front and rear sites. For $68, it doesn't sound like a bad deal. Then I could take that scope off. I wish I knew someone with a peep sight so I could try it out and see if I can focus the front and rear sights at the same time. Getting old has some serious drawbacks!

7. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The title said fire sights - so I was talking about these:

Williams fire sights for Marlin

For a peep option, I have the Williams WGRS-54 that would fit on the dovetail on the Model 60 receiver, however you would probably need a taller front sight. I used this one on a Glenfield 25 that has the dovetail slot in the barrel for the front sight, just drifted out and replaced with a taller Marbles front sight. If you have a screwed in front sight, there are screwed on ramps that can take a dovetail insert and you can go as tall as you need.

Williams peep for rimfire dovetails

8. Gumpy

The ones I was looking at were on the Williams web site. Have you checked it out? They have some cool stuff!

9. rm_mdl60

Gumpy yup I misunderstood your question. I just have the standard sights always had trouble with my vision. I saw some youtube vids on the fire sights snd I was really interested! I still plan on a decent scope with some see through sope mounts!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014