First time fired my 1895!

Discussion in 'Lever Action' started by runningbear1972, Oct 19, 2013.

1. runningbear1972

runningbear1972 Member

Well i finally got to shoot my 1895. Didnt know what to expect. It was just me and the wife at our conservation club range, shot from 50yds and although it kicks like a fricken bull compared to my other rifles i hammered the bullseye dead center with a shit eatin grin after pulling that trigger. Amazing gun, love it. A couple locals came down to see what i wAs shooting and wondered how " such a small gun can make so much boom" i let 1 of them fire it, told him she has a bit of a kick. He said i doubt it. Then he aimed and pulled the teigger.... bOOM! The look on his face was shock. He said she had some bite, more than he expected. He also said he wants one now... Lol

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Recoil is very addictive!!!!

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

You need to show picture and welcom to the forum

4. runningbear1972

runningbear1972 Member

Right now its just a basic 1895G. I am ordering. Custom leather sling and butt wrap with shell loops. And will probbly put the larger lever. Dont think a scope is necessary. I was hitting from 100 yds open sight. Might look into a butt pad but dont think its a must.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Great story...welcome to the community !!

6. imikanwar

imikanwar New Member

Seems odd that they'd be backlogged when they aren't really in that whole frenzy demand of "tactical" stuff. Maybe they're revamping so the end product will have the CT level of fit & finish.

7. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

We can sure hope so! Welcome to the forum imakenwar!