Food For Thought

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by hombre243, Oct 23, 2012.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Interesting slant on…

AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---
    Pretty Amazing!
    The world's largest army...

America 's hunters!
    I had never thoughtabout
    this...

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a
    handful of states and

arrived at a striking
    conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters
    this season in the stateof Wisconsin ..
    Allow me to restate thatnumber:

Over the last several months,

Wisconsin's huntersbecame the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran.

More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to
    the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin , to hunt with
    firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods ofPennsylvania and

Michigan's 700,000hunters,
    all of whom have nowreturned home safely.
    Toss in a quartermillion hunters
    in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
    hunters of those four states alone

would comprise thelargest army in the world.
    And then add in thetotal number of hunters in the other 46 states.
    It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grownfirepower. Hunting...
    it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's amatter of national
    security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
    Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.
    Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions thathunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would stillremain...

What army of 2 millionwould want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens???

2. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

I Agree!!
    I needed 10 charactors

3. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Very Interesting.......There are also a lot of americans who own guns who dont hunt. I tried to look up some statistics. All say there is really no way to tell. But its estamiated that from 25-30% of the population do. The 2009 census was 307 mil......so that makes it about 100 mil. Probley more. Just of the # they know about they say there is almost 1 gun for every american. And again probly more.........:D

4. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Hannity did a portion of his show Yesterday (Monday, 29 Oct) on gun confiscation during a crisis...aka Sandy like Katrina speculation.

Ain't happening peacefully. GW era legislation stopped places like NOLA from pulling that stunt, ever again. Unless the 100 million plus "registered" gun owners like ya'll and me turn yella, it won't happen! Most of us don't have 100,000 + rounds, but what we've amassed since BO surfaced and has now taken things beyond the Constitution probably has the same purpose for "What If".

That's what the framers had in mind with the 2nd...to prevent a tyrannical govt from ever encroaching beyond those limits. Better hope Romey/Ryan get the nod or we may find out just how many citizens in the American gun-owing public have the metal to step up to answer the call. Revolutionary War history indicates that only about 10% of the colonists actually took part in sending the Brits packing for England. Heaven forbid...but? And even if by miracle, that somehow we recover our Beloved America as she should be, what I don't burn before I'm gone will go into the hands of family that can send it downrange whenever they get a hankering. I don't go seeking trouble, but like a good scout...prepared for unexpected happenstances.

Again I mention and suggest...check out Appleseed.org: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/index.html They're all about truth-filled history and making ordinary citizens extraordinarily capable marksmen. Most sessions, young'ns attend gratis to a minimal fee of $5 with the cost of a brick or two (depending upon program location and structure) of .22LR ammo that they'll burn over the two days.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012