Found an interesting Nikon link

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by hombre243, Aug 15, 2014.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time remembering inches of drop or rise...or whether a particular shot will be under or over...too many calculations just clog up my thinker.

Nikon offers a link to their scope reticules that helps one see the result when a particular reticule on a particular Nikon scope is set at a particular magnification setting, fired at a certain range, when that scope is sighted in at a particular range. WHEW!:eek::confused:

http://www.nikonhunting.com/spoton/

Have fun with this one.

2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Ok!!!!! That was a mouthful Hombre! Sometime in the future we might have programmable scopes so we can customize settings per cartridge.

3. hombre243

I look at it as a go to help aid for anyone who has any Nikon scope sporting any of the numerous types of reticules, who may need to know what to look for when learning a new sighting system and for those of us who have little else to do but look for this kind of stuff to bide our time until we can git er dun the right way.

Howzzat?

:D

PS There are replaceable turrets for different calibers also.

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

PS. I did not know that!!

5. hombre243

Interesting. Not sure but there may be others...they are already getting higher tech than I can afford. But I don't need to get any more sophisticated than something other than a regular reticule. Mil-Dot or BDC is already high tech to me.

Something else I read: POI will change with different magnifications when using them. The link I posted for the reticule simulator illustrates that.

6. hombre243

I found this after looking for the regs about using a centerfire. I thought I may have spoken out of turn. Seems there are some counties that allow centerfire rifles. I will look into it further.

Iowa- .24 or larger centerfire only for antlerless season in part of the state...but cannot verify this in state regs.

Centerfire handguns are listed, in certain calibers (min .357) and can be used during any open deer season except during bow season.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014