Foxes everywhere

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Bucky, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Bloody hell fellars
    If you enjoy shooting foxes, then Oz is the place to be.
    I swear they have breed twice this year, they are everywhere.
    I wen out last Thursday night, couldn't stay out too late, as I was on my own. As my normal shooting mate couldn't make it, and seen 10 but only got 2 from 3 shots .
    It's a bit hard to spotlight and shoot at the same time. The one in the foto was 500yds from me, and wasn't coming on, so I changed my call from a squeal to short sharp chirps, and it just run straight at me. At 200yds I had to yell out to slow it down. It did at approx 120yds and turned sideways.
    Too late got it
    Love my .222 with 55grn Nosler Balistic tips.
    ImageUploadedByMarlin Forum1389620755.992252.jpg

2. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Nice Bucky! Would love to try predator hunting, sounds like a lot of fun.

3. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

lingr
    Bloody good fun, and most farmers love it.

4. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

I`ve never hunted fox..How you hunt then bucky, you call them in ?

5. stickerpicker

stickerpicker Member

Active in that night time activity arena about 50 years ago and there are very few ways in Okla. to get your gun confiscated and your buttt put in jail faster.

6. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Send some my way,I haven't had much luck ;).

7. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Bucky, I've been reading about the heat /drought over there. Is it still bad?

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

9. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Gumpy
    it really depends where you are living.
    Talk about the "land of Contrasts", and rain and heat are no exceptions. 110-120F one day and belting down with rain, and 70-75F the next

It really depends where you live, in this huge place.

We live on Bass Straight, 1 1/2 hrs drive from Melbourne, and its called "Gods little corner". Had the best year ever and definitely no drought here.

Haven't been up to the top corner of South Australia, and Queensland for 2 years, but apparently they are doing it really tough. 3 of 4 years back the whole place was flooded. Tough, the other way.
    Those poor pricks up there, just can't win.

In the Mallee Wheat belt, they have had 3 good years in a row, but the place is very dry the rest of the time.

The growth n the High Country, here I hunt Deer is phenomonal, but don't be surprised if it burns, this year.
    Cheers Mate
    Bucky

10. Gumpy

I'm glad you aren't in an effected area! From what I've read, it's rough. Your country amazes me!

11. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Gumpy
    We do big Outback trips every couple of years, and I mean real big way "outback" trips.
    At present i am heavily into setting up 2014's trip, into the South and Western Australian Deserts, again
    Anne Beadell Highway....Conne Sue Highway......Heather and Gunbarrell Highways, Sandy Blight Junction Road. Check them out !
    Magic stuff !

Also am trying to set up a Hunting trip also into Western Australia, for myself and my Son, on 1,500,000 Acres.
    (yes 1.5million Acres)
    Has Camels, Donkeys, and Scrub Bulls on it.
    The paperwork involved to get real rifles into WA is incredible, but I have the right people working on it.
    Pays to belong to the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia, they seem to have all "the strings to pull" and the "ducks to line up"

Wish me luck.

Cheers
    Bucky

Cheers Bucky

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  12. Gumpy

That's awesome man! Good luck, and happy hunting. Post plenty of pictures! LOL

13. FOUR4D4

Barbequed Wild Dog

14. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

BBQ'd Bowser

It's "ruff" on the pallet.

15. Gumpy

Its does have a "bite" to it!

16. hombre243

I tried it once, but it must have been a city dog because every time I passed a fire hydrant...:eek:

17. FOUR4D4

I apologize but I have herd of people eating Horse Meat:eek:

18. hombre243

I just saw a quick reference...

...to a chain well known in our area that admitted horse meat in its meat counter and included burger and roasts etc. I really doubt that but who knows. I have had conversations with others who find horse meat objectionable. Iowa I believe just legalized the sale of horse meat for human consumption. I also have talked to those who have eaten it and though it does not "taste like chicken" it isn't bad.

Give me a sample and I can voice my opinion...not many kinds of meat I wont try. Skunk is one, and I have eaten my share of crow. But horse meat??? Give me a big chunk of it and turn me loose in the kitchen. (And if the ol woman "nags" me about it, I will tie HER out in the yard.:D)

19. FOUR4D4

I had some say that Goat Meat is not that BaaaaaaaD

20. hombre243

Aaaaaaaaa

aaaaantelope is a goat. It is good. Give me a full grown sheep...for the mutton. Not lamb. Not stinky enough. I like the strong flavor.

I remember when I was a kid the grocery store had mutton sticks...frozen precooked mutton on a stick. A quick trip through the oven, or the deep fryer and voila! Mutton on a stick. I loved that stinky s%$t...if they would make em available I would probably make myself sick on them.