Full Metal Jousting

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shooter, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I've seen a couple of episodes now.

I now want to joust, or at least try to joust. I never learned to ride and have never worn armor but I think it would be fun to try.

Any one else watching it?

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i haven't had a chance to watch this show yet, but want to check it out, as i have seen the previews for it. i like watching jousting.

my wife and i go to Plantersville Tx, to the Texas Renaissance Festival every year in the fall and to the Scarborough Fair outside of Waxahachie Tx every spring. i have been going for many years and it's something i look forward to every year.

3. Shooter

My Brother goes ever year. Keeps telling me I need to go.

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i think you would enjoy it. the wife and i go, and she had never been until i took her and now she likes going and seeing all the show and looking in the shops. the food is pretty good too. we make an all day affair of it.

5. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

My wife and I went to a local one for the first time last summer. It was the sterling renaissance festival .
    Was a good time ! They may call it " Theatrical Jousting " , But that still has to hurt getting knocked off a horse and landing flat on your back :eek:

PS. If the barmaids look and dress anything like the ones here , that just make the day even more enjoyable :cool:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. Shooter

That's the reason I go to Carnivals/fairs. I like turkey legs quite a bit.

The barmaids often came up in my Brother's recanting.

7. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

the Scarborough Renaissance Festival opens the first weekend in april, the 7th. it is outside Waxahatchie on FM66. i already made plans to go with the wife one weekend in april.

8. Shooter

Well I'm definitely going to be going next time it's on town.

9. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

austin, it's a blast. they have many different shows on all day. they have lots of shops that sell lots of handmade items, including clothing, jewelry, furniture, knives and swords, pottery, windchimes, perfumes, ect.ect.... the wife and i make an entire day of it and there is lots of walking.

in the fall they have one close the a town called Plantersville, which is about 30 miles southwest of Conroe. it's on a bigger tract of land than the one in Waxahatchie.

pm me and maybe we can meet up and go with our wives and have a good time.

10. Shooter

Sounds like a plan. You're not that far from me.

11. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i live in East Texas, Waxahacthie is a little over a 100 miles from where i live. Plantersville is a little over 130 from us.

we usually don't go the opening weekend as that is the busiest one. usually the third or fourth weekend on a saturday. we will buy our tickets ahead of time so we don't have to wait at the gate to purchase tickets, plus they are usually cheaper that way. we try to get there pretty close to when they open.

12. Shooter

Did any one catch last weeks episode? Those guys are getting good. I look forward to this weeks.

13. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

my work schedule is pretty erractic right now with them changing up supervisors at work and having to work on the weekends to get things caught up. so any type of normal tv watching is kind of up in the air. hopefully one of these nights i will get to watch the program.

14. Shooter

It's worth a look if you're interested in it.

If not I would hold off.

15. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i started to watch one of the rerun episodes the other day and fell asleep before the first commercial came on!

16. Shooter

Last night was pretty good. Sometimes those horses are crazy. I never learned to ride but I wish I had.

17. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i finally got to watch a full episode! not bad at all. pretty neat show. those guys are taking full hits with that lance. you know they gonna be sore the next day!

18. Shooter

I bet. I would hate to see on the end of a lance like that.