Ghost Gun Factories

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by FOUR4D4, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Great history lesson, Four! It is sad in one respect to see these old buildings torn down or in disrepair but it is also good to see that some have survived the years. Also interesting to see pictures of the buildings that produced some of my old guns. Thanks for sharing!

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Yes its sad most of them closed factories are in states that have strick gun laws today.They packed up and moved to friendly states.

3. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

My assumption was in line with the first line of the article, I was expecting "ghost guns" not old factories. I like the factories better. Very interesting article and part of why I only want old guns. Thanks for posting.

4. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

I stole shamelessly some of the pictures to file with some of my older collection information. Seeing the buildings where they were made just seemed to complete the information I had for them.

5. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Very interesting site! Thanks for posting.

6. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Active Member

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I just joined the forum and will be posting an introduction soon

7. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Active Member

8. msharley

msharley Well-Known Member

Hey TinCan,

Thank you for posting this great pictorial account of America's "once great" firearms industry.

Have been to the Springfield Museum (along with the S&W and Indian Motorcycle Museums) in Springfield, Mass.

Would encourage all who are able, to visit (at least once) LOL

Later, Mark

9. PAHunter

PAHunter Active Member

Hey TCB:

Fabulous article, thank you so much for posting it. It was definitely a walk down History Lane. It's weird that these unfriendly gun states held so many great Firearm Manufactures.

Regards.. PAHunter

10. msharley

msharley Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Hey Hunter,

Much like around here.......all the places where men used to work........closed up.........torn down "flat" ........ REAL INDUSTRY shipped "overseas".

(seems the "Japs" are doing ok on making 1886 "re pops")

Later, Mark