Glenfield 25 parts

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by dwcfastrice, Jun 11, 2012.

1. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Member

Ok, so I received my Fiberforce stock and suddenly realized I may have bit off more than I can chew.

My GLenfield/Marlin consists of a complete bolt assem., trigger assem, receiver and barrel.

I am looking for a trigger gaurd, magazine plate, Magazine guide (do I need one of these?), magazine, and take down bolt.

I know i'll have to inlet the fiber force stock for the mag, safety lever/switch, and bolt handle.

My main concern now is finding a source for all these parts. if it turns out i'm going to spend more than $100 on this project, I may just sells the bolt/receiver/barrel group that have.

Any suggestions on where i can get parts? I started with midway. Any other good sources?

thanks in advance,
    Dave

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Dave try out Numrich Gun Parts. they carry a lot of old and obselete gun parts. they seem to have a lot for the old Marlins. another source would be to look at GunBroker.com and see if someone might have the parts you need up for auction. hope this helps you out.

3. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Member

Thanks, Axxe55. I'll check out numrich. They just seemed too expensive for my taste.

I did check Gunbroker, not much there that I need. Midway has SOME parts so I'll get some there.

Followup question for everyone:

Marlin 25n. What's the difference between a Glenfield 25 and the marlin 25n? Or is t just a naming difference?

thanks in advance!
    Dave

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Dave, i am not for sure. they did have one Model 25 that i believe was a pump action 22. from Numrich's schematics, here is what i discovered.

there is a M25 which is a bolt action. another M25 that is a slide action with another slide action that is a M25S. there is a M25M, M25MB, M25MN, and a M25MBN that appear to also be a M782. the M25N appears to be also a M880. not for sure about production runs and dates and if they decided to change the model numbers to modernize things.

hope this helps.

5. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Member

whoa. thanks for the the info.

I'm a bit more confused now as ever. I did check out Numrich's site and ordered a bunch of stuff off there. Still missing the takedown screw, but hey.

I did get the sense from looking at the parts lists about the pump (slide) vs the bolt action. Some of the parts were listed as for a "25" while others for "25n".

I was able to find a picture on photobucket of a "25" vs "25n" blank wood stocks. The mag slots seemed to be in different places.

We'll see when these parts get here what fits and what doesn't.

thanks again for the help!
    Dave

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Dave, if it makes you feel better, i am equally as confused!

seems that some are different versions of the same model and some might be the 22WMR version of the same rifle, maybe? just not as versed on them as i would like to be.

7. 2barcharlie

2barcharlie Member

Marlin changed a few miner things on the Model 25(I can't recall exact year). The magazine was changed from a "banana"type to a straight magazine, the safety was reversed(the old style fire position had to be pulled toward the shooter). and may have been some others(not sure what). The Models made thereafter were designated 25N (for "New"). Mine is the old style and some parts are a little tougher to find. You just have to keep in mind which one you have. When I rebuilt my Model 25, I spent about $60 in parts. Mine was fireable but needed a stock. When I got the stock, It then needed the trigger guard (which I still need), butt plate, mag guard and stock screw. I got all my parts from GunBroker. Hope this helps.

8. Marlindude

Marlindude Well-Known Member

You can get the mags at Cheaper Than Dirt.com for both models 26 & 25N for less than 10 bucks each !

9. Marlindude

Marlindude Well-Known Member

Correction: the models 25 & 25N magazines are available at cheaper than dirt.com for less than ten bucks each!