Glenfield 75 receiver help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by brokenfeather, Nov 18, 2015.

1. brokenfeather

brokenfeather Member

Can anyone share a picture of the bottom half of the receiver of the older 75's the one with the long tailed bullet lift. Having a issue getting one back together correctly.
    Thanks
    Don

2. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

The older Model 75 is an earlier version of the Model 60 action. I used the document (linked below) the first few times I worked on one. It was put together by a guy "ArrowDodger" on Rimfirecentral.

Marlin 60 action assembly link

You can also search for his videos on YouTube.

Good luck.

3. brokenfeather

brokenfeather Member

I checked out the link you provided. Loved the detail in included. However it is not like my receiver. I have included a couple of pictures of mine. The little gun shot and worked reasonably well. I started have some cycle problem with the new cartridge raising up to high and not going into the chamber. I disassembled the lower receiver before taking pictures of it assembled and now having a hard time to get it to function. It can only go together so many ways and so far I haven't got the right one. Totally baffled. The long tail on the cartridge lifter is creating all the problems. It worked before so what is wrong? No clue.

Attached Files: