Gonna get my eyes fixed !!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Had my pre-op appointment with the Eye Surgeon today. He will remove the Cataract in my left eye and put in an implant for better (sight) picture. After I get the right eye done (later, its just starting in that one) wont need glasses to do anything but Read. To get the implants that fix distance and near sight is $2550 an eye, out of pocket as NO insurance covers those. The Doc is a shooter also and says I will be good to go. He had his done 2 years ago and says it will be a world of difference. Scheduled for the 24th of April at 0630, In the OR at 0730 and out the door by 0830.

Its hell getting old, getting to be high maintenance ....... :(

2. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Dang SWO1. Keep us updated on how things go. And you are exactly right, is no fun getting old at ALL. My doctor has just changed all my blood pressure medications and I feel like crap. Gotta get used to em pulling my pressure down. The price we pay.

3. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Yeah Man...

Go for it SW. I had mine done and my sight is so much better. I couldn't afford the $2500 lenses but I got the other ones. Now I sometimes need glasses to read but not always. And my shooting has improved to about 1/2 MOA. You will love your new eyes.:D

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Getting old is not for sissies, that's for sure! I'm just thankful that technology is advancing also. I've put you on my prayer list, with special emphasis on surgery day.

5. glock26USMC

glock26USMC Well-Known Member Supporting

Your in my thoughts and prayers SW01

6. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Hoping and praying that all goes well.

7. SWO1

Thanks everyone ...... :eek: Cataract surgery is the MOST performed surgery in the US. Very high % of vision fix. Complications are rare. But surgery is surgery. Nothing is life is guaranteed, except the eventual end ..... :p

8. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I had dinner the other night with a buddy who just had it done. He was so happy with the outcome, and has great vision. I'm sure you'll have this same outcome.

9. Gumpy

The only minor surgery is the surgery done on someone else!!

10. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Prayers are with you,I hope all goes well.

11. SWO1

Back from Eye Surgery. Went Great. Only 4 hours and I can already see out of that eye 100+ times better. Will be 24-36 hours before it clears up totally. I can look up to the range and actually see the target frames, before could not even see the range house. All the way to the top field I can see the tree line, with branches even ...... :cool:

Back Monday to have it checked and if all is Ok will schedule the right eye soon. Im not gonna wait till it gets as bad as the left.

12. hombre243

Glad to know your surgery went well. Now just wait...when you look through a scope...it will be like ...like...an epiphany.:D

13. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member

I'm glad it appears to be a success!

14. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Congratulations. We're all glad to hear the good news. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

15. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Glad to hear everything went ok SWO1. Get those eyes fixed and you'll be shooting flies off of those targets. :D

16. Gumpy

Cool beans SWO1!! People with good natural vision don't understand what they have, ya know.

17. SWO1

Things have improved GREATLY today. Already the left eye is better than the right.....:D Its a killer having to not Bend over with my head down for more than a few seconds. Also cant lift any weight over 10lbs. Have to wear the Ray Charles lookalike sunglasses when outside. Couldn't drive until 1200 today. AND the worst part is NO SHOOTING. At night have to wear a "Petie the Pirate" eye patch/shield. Three kinds of drops twice a day. All these restrictions are in effect until I go back 0840 Monday morning for a checkup. I'm already looking forward to having the right eye done.

Back Tuesday for a dosage increase of my new medicine for the Specific Tremor. Its gotten better but still have to work up to the correct dosage.

As soon as I upgrade my bench equipment wont have any more excuses for not being able to hit my A$$ with both hands shooting ....... :eek:

All in All guess I'm in pretty good shape FOR THE SHAPE I'M IN.

18. hombre243

I thought it was a drag too, but the end result is well worth the bs of eye drops and restricted movement. You are gonna be amazed at the difference between things you perceived and the things you can now see. Congrats.

19. SWO1

Got the Go to resume Regular Programming this morning. Only thing now is I cant submerge my head in a pool or Hot tub for 3 weeks. Have an appointment with the Optometrist Jun 2 and if that is Ok will schedule the other eye.

20. lingr

lingr Well-Known Member

Glad you got a good report. Now stop the porch sitting and get busy. :D