Good Field Trip today

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SWO1, Mar 15, 2015.

1. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

This morning I made it down to the Springfield rifle bench rest club. They were shooting center fires today, 100,200,300 yards. The range is set up nice with the three distances on tiers one after the other. You shoot over the 100 frames to the 200, and over them to the 300. All the targets are hung at one time so no down time to change distances.

There were a couple of members waiting to shoot .22 bench at 50 yards. I talked to them about the matches starting in April. My gun is good to go and looking forward to it. The rim fire matches start at 1900. the entire range is lit so no problem. Practice starts around 1700 to warm the guns up.

I took the camera but got to running my mouth and forgot about it all together ....... :eek:

2. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. One of these days I will have to make a day trip down to MO. I miss my friends down in Marceline. I know you are farther south and west. But if I make it down that far no sense going back north until I meet up with one more friend. I have some other friends down by Springfield and also St Louis and also one other town but cant remember which. I may have to take a week off just for howdees.

3. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Make it a BIG road trip and come on by. Bring all your stuff as we can shoot .22, center fire pistols, and rifles. I have a spare bed so no problems stayin here when on this end of the state ..... only bout 100 yards to the range out back ..... :D Full reloading gear if you have to restock after shooting. I have dies for .223, .308, 30-06, .38 super, .38 spl, .357 and .45 acp. Plenty of powder, primers, bullets. We'll crank off a few in memory of Ole Spoon.

4. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

My sentiments about Spoon...exactly. I will see what I can cook up.

Thank you for the invite.
    ron