Guess I'm # 10

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 1894, Dec 15, 2011.

1. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

For folks that join and actually post that is :rolleyes:

Saw the link on F/B so here I am .

Hope you all don't mind a yankee joinin' up here

Been shooting Marlin lever guns since around 1973 and for where I hunt ( the adirondacks in nys ) the 20" bbl with iron sights is the most easy to carry , point and click , hunting rifle I could ever wish for.

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Not at all! Welcome!

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

uh, oh! a yankee! well i'm from texas, so i guess i'm a reb! hello, and welcome to the forum!

4. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Thanx fer the welcome !! Allways fun to watch a forum grow from the start up. :cool:

5. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Hello 1984

I'm a newbe and was reading thru the welcome section.
    I've been thru the upper NY area on I 81. That is pretty country. I've hunted with Marlin for years. Very comfortable to handle and to carry. My center-fire hunting has been in NE Pennsylvania and the lower portion of Michigan. The 30-30 was always enough for the areas that I hunted. I own a .35 rem. but haven't hunted with it as yet.
    I'm a Yankee from the Buckeye State where center-fire rifle are not legal (yet - maybe 2013). Here in my state, we hunt deer with Muzzle Loaders, Shot-Gun Slugs and some Hand Guns.

6. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum greyhawk50 !!
    Yep , kinda funny how many folks think that New York State only consists of that rotten ., concrete / steel island with people stacked 50 stories high , appendage stuck to the corner of our State. :rolleyes:

Are pistol calibers out of a rifle legal there ??
    marlin 1894s in .357 or 44 mag are very effective deer rifles :cool:

7. greyhawk50

Legal for Deer in Ohio

Currently, the legal firearms are; any shotgun with a single slug, any muzzle loader of 38 cal. or larger and/or a hand gun with at least a 5" barrel that is 357 or larger, straight wall case. There have been open meetings with the ODNR where they are considering legalizing rifles/carbines with the same pistol rounds. It may or may not happen in 2013???
    Here is a link to the list of legal cartridges.
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/publicfiles/Legal-Deer-Cartridges.pdf
    As for the ethical use of some of the listed cartridges - I'll let you decide.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum...!!

9. PackinPreacher

PackinPreacher Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum from the tip of the mitten in northeast lower Michigan.

10. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

Looks like is is growing at a good rate :cool:

Won't do individual reply's to all the new members , but , just Say WELCOME ALL

11. greyhawk50

What he said. Me Too!