Gun Owners Political Action Forum...

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by duster066, Jan 28, 2013.

1. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

Hey guys. I started this thread over at HPFF. I think it needs started on every gun forum.

...Gun Owners Political Action Forum... ...is needed. We need a way to unit all of these gun forums to bring a consistent message to all of the users. A way to organize protests, rallies, and boycotts of media outlets that are participating in the communist take over of America. A way to get mass mailings going to DC with a single message. A frame work to start a national movement to replace the corrupt two party system.

Please use this thread to think outside the box. No rules in this one, just let your mind go.

How do you start a new political party?

2. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

I will make this a sticky

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I am avid in my 2nd Amendment rights but I don't think a party around firearms would net enough support to become a viable large scale party. I think you would need to start a new party around true Conservative values (absolute freedom, limited Government). It would need to have moderate ideas and not promote religion. I think the Far Right and Religious aspects of the current GOP alienate too many young voters so we are getting a too diluted GOP to contend against the Democratic party, this will only worsen.

4. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

The problem with starting a new political party is its just that "another political party"
    What the counrty needs is to get back to the basics that built this great country, The parties have completely polarized the population. What we really need is succession from the federal government..We have become a federal state rather than United states. If 50 governors would invoke state rights and tell the fed to shove it, well now that would be nice

5. duster066

I agree Austin, but I don't know what to do except reach out and try to organize. At this point the 2nd amendment people are awake, listening, and motivated to act. I know there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of starting a viable party. But there may be ways to organize a block of people that with a single voice can make a difference.

How hard would it be to bring some of these forum owners together to discuss a unified front?

We could use a good leader too. I took a stab in the dark and sent an email to Col. Allen West's campaign. Maybe someone like him will help if we can get organized.

oldbrass I hear you sir, but I'm not ready to give up on this country, and force my kids to start all over. We old timers allowed this thing to get screwed up, and I believe we owe it to the kids to try our damnedest to set it back on course. I have no idea what I am talking about or planning on doing, but I going to do something. I'm not sitting back and watching the world float by with communists at the helm anymore.

6. duster066

greyhawk. I respect your need to delete that post, but please understand I can't be insulted by any thoughtful idea or opinion especially from someone like you whom I respect. I have no idea what I'm doing here and I welcome anything any of you have to say, good bad or indifferent.

Austin please stay engaged with this thread. If nothing else point me in directions to go.

7. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

duster066; Not to worry. I wasn't offended nor am I easily offended.
    We have a variety of respected opinions on here (including yours) and as gun owners, the last thing we need is to have thin skins or be easily offended. Actually, deleting the post was for my benefit. I had a routine doctors appointment today and my blood pressure is higher than I've ever seen. I just need to cool it on this subject for awhile. It's just me and temporary I'm sure. Besides, I wasn't sure anyone would notice.
    I had previously posted on another thread (can't seem to find it) that "the older I get & the more I know and the less I understand". I had put a lot of thought into that post and it pretty much explains my position.
    I'm getting to the point that I don't trust any politician, be it state or federal.
    Don't know why I get so upset about all of this because I know that God is alive, well and on His throne. On the other hand, I've seen so many liberties lost in my lifetime. It's so discouraging to see the bad guys keep winning and it seems like there is very little we can do to stop it.
    Add to all this, the fact that I don't own any military style rifles and don't have any high cap magazines so the proposed controls don't directly affect me. So, based on the fact that my present collection meets my needs, I'm at the end of my road and my line is drawn in the sand. However, the loss of liberty does affect me and I'll do all that I can to support the 2nd. amendment and my fellow patriots.
    I just need a little break - so - let's see some range reports. ;)

8. duster066

I dig that sir. Last week I had my first physical in 5 years. I have never had any serious health issues, but it seems that may be changing. My BP was high, and now I'm waiting for my own personal BP cuff to arrive so I can start monitoring it. I see BP meds in my near future.

Take care sir

Greg