gun store find, is it worth $150

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by oldbrass, Sep 23, 2014.

1. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Found a well used model 60 ,a little surface rust and some stock dings but nothing that won`t clean up..It has the action that holds open after last round and the long mag tube..are these rare and worth the $$...Its still there and kinda pondering

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Maybe just me but that sounds a little high.
    Bass Pro has them new for $169.99 and Academy has them new for $159.99. Add $20-$25 if you run it thru a FFL Dealer.
    JMO
    I guess it worth what 2 people agree on???

3. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Thanx greyhawk that answers my question

4. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

Dunham Sports had them on sale on Labor Day for $139.00. I tried every way I could think of to come up with some cash, but couldn't do it! I wish I had been born rich instead of good lookin.

5. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy a new one for free.

An older 60 with the LSHO and the long mag tube, $150 is high, but you know what you get. There are like 11 million of them out there in slightly different configurations and I've run across several lately that still had the stickers on them. I've paid between $60 (very rough) and $120 (still had stickers) for different ones over the past few years.

6. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Hold open function and long mag tube is the most desired. Its worth what you are willing to pay for it. Being used at a shop there "should be" a little bargaining room. The only thing better would be if it were a Glenfield Squirrel Model. New ones here are going @ $163 in Wally World, They have the laminated stock and short tube.

7. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

Being used and a little dinged up I would say you should be able to talk the guy down since new similar ones are $140 and you could point that out to the seller. I wouldn't give more than $100 for it.

8. rm_mdl60

rm_mdl60 Well-Known Member

I'd pay $100 for a good used gun see them on gun broker for about that price wouldnt go 150 though