Gunshow price for a Marlin .22lr?

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by Wiebelhaus, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus Member

Hitting a rather large gun show this weekend, what's a good price for a marlin 22lr? guess that would be the Marlin 60?

2. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Wilkommen Herr Wiebelhaus! I'd check and see if your local Walmart sells guns and if they do, find out what they charge for a new one. That would be a good benchmark before you head out to the show.

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

usually the M60 can be had for $100 or less. i picked one up last year for $70+tax at my LGS. cosmetically it was challenged, but functioned perfectly. i cleaned it up, refinished it and bought a set of grooved reciever rings and put on a 3-9x40 Simmons scope i had under my bench. with all i spent on it, i still have less than $100 in it.

4. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus Member

Alright, thanks, yea unfortunately both local wal marts do not sale .22's.

5. tCan

tCan Active Member

You could also look for a 795. Smaller used market, but it's the same action as the 60. Takes a box mag.

By the way, I got my brand new Marlin 60 at a gun show for $175 cash out the door.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  6. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus Member

Oh my God, it's almost insulting, if they complain at the gun shows that people aren't buying this is the reason, I couldn't find a Marlin 60 at the gun show for under 230 bucks and that was visibly used, nowhere near new condition.

For 100 bucks, I would have bought it.

7. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Try the auction websites. I see the Model 60 all the time for $100-125.

8. tCan

tCan Active Member

Problem is that with the impending election, there's no new stock left on the shelves. They cant make them fast enough. So people are turning to the used market and eating those up. Wait until after new years and you'll have one at a reasonable price.

Still kicking myself for not buying a used Marlin 60 Deluxe for less than I bought my new for....

9. 72Camaro

72Camaro Well-Known Member

After rebates we picked up the 795 for around 80.00 new. Someone screwed up on the sale price and listed the price after the rebate, not before the rebate. Double rebate, yahoo.

10. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus Member

Man! I need to find this kinda deal.

11. R.Ph. 380

R.Ph. 380 Well-Known Member

I paid right at 90.00 out the door at a Cabelas 2 years ago for being one of the first 80 patrons in the door.

Bill

Ps: I'm going to go to the local Walmart that sells guns and pick up either the Model 60 or one of the lever actions. Got a Granddaughter and Grand son that will be so much fun taking to the range.

Bill

12. hunter5567

hunter5567 Well-Known Member

Walmart has the blued M60 for 159.95 and stainless ones for 219-229 down here near Baton Rouge, LA.
    Blued ruger 10/22 were 199.95 with stainless a little more and the Mossberg .22Lr semi-auto for 109.95.
    i'm thinking about picking up one of those. It looks like a little larger scaled M60 action they copied with a mag.

13. indaswamp

indaswamp New Member

Marlin mod. 60.......

People that sell guns at gun shows are looking to make a BIG profit....Now if your looking at the older models in very good shooting condition you will pay more... Myself I like the older models.......:p

14. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus Member

Holy smokes! Those are good deals, Walmart here doesn't sell firearms for some reason.

15. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

You live in Texas and Walmart doesn't sell guns? What the heck? I thought you guys could buy guns on the way to work in the morning. Pick up an Egg McMuffin and a Marlin 30-30 at the McDonalds drive thru. Now I'm disappointed.

16. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus Member

I know man, times have changed.