Happy Marlin Christmas!

Discussion in 'Marlin Rimfires' started by pearlygates, Dec 25, 2013.

1. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

First off, I want to wish all a Merry Christmas!
    The wife and I decided to get each other "practical" gifts this year. During the course of our shopping excursion Christmas Eve.. I naturally ended up at the local Dunham's sports.. Not really expecting to grab more than a box or two of shotgun shells and maybe a red dot sight. Surprise surprise.. A brand new Marlin 60 came home with me! I had a 795 a couple years ago that I ended up trading off.
    I had always had it in the back of my mind to score a model 60 and now the time was here. I got what looks like some special edition - limited run rifle. The wood grain on the stock is gorgeous and feels pretty substantial.. Oak maybe? Maybe someone here can help ID this rifle for me. The regular price was $199 and they were running a one day deal for an extra $35 off! Around $174 OTD. Here's a few pics..
    Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance for the comments!

ForumRunner_20131225_225045.jpg

ForumRunner_20131225_225114.jpg

ForumRunner_20131225_225135.jpg

ForumRunner_20131225_225210.jpg

2. Vet47

Vet47 Member

Pearlygates,
    I don't know what wood they used, but that stock looks like the laminated ones I have seen. I believe they are made from thin layers of wood pressed and glued together in a process similar to plywood. Supposedly they are more uniform and dimensionally stable. Nice looking 60. Did it come with the scope?
    Vet47

3. pearlygates

pearlygates Member

Thanks for the reply. I figured it might be laminated. I wasn't expecting anything all too fancy at $200 list. The scope was not included. Its a BSA 22 Special model 3x9x32- again nothing fancy but reliable. Pulled it off my old 795 before I traded it off awhile back.

4. jtmcdermott

jtmcdermott Well-Known Member

Very nice! I love my model 60. I also have a XT22. Both are laminate. They are durable and look nice. The only draw back I have to my XT22 is I wish I had gotten the tube fed version. Once I understood how easy the tube feds were with a speed loader, the 7 round magazine is tedious.