Have a Smoothie for lunch sometime.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by hombre243, Dec 17, 2015.

1. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

This is what my Dietitian gave me and she expects to be able to trust me with all the carbohydrate possibilities. Yeah right. If you put everything in but the greens it is a shake. Add greens and it is a meal. And a darn tasty one at that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. Gumpy

Gumpy AKA Richard Prestage

What is the benefit of drinking this? It sounds good, but is it for a dietary supplement? You mentioned Carbs, and I'm a carboholic, :)

3. hombre243

I need to lose weight and I have to watch my carb level so I measure what I mix. A smoothie for me is one meal a day. No fat, low carbs and it tastes like a shake...dessert.

4. Gumpy

I need to do the same thing. I'm gonna give it a try.

5. hombre243

Drinking them one or two times a day as a meal, or if you need extra carbs, they are a tasty way to have a snack or a hi or low carb, meatless (yich!) fat free meal. I'm really liking them. I am especially liking the greens. I never ate them but now I have them cooked or ground up in the smoothie. And you don't have to have them in the drink if you don't want them...pick and choose which of the ingredients you want, according to the carb count you want, and grind away. I like the mixed fruit...peaches, mangos, strawberries and red grapes. Smoooooth...

6. hombre243

Drinking them one or two times a day as a meal, or if you need extra carbs, they are a tasty way to have a snack or a hi or low carb, meatless (yich!) fat free meal. I'm really liking them. I am especially liking the greens. I never ate them but now I have them cooked or ground up in the smoothie. And you don't have to have them in the drink if you don't want them...pick and choose which of the ingredients you want, according to the carb count you want, and grind away. I like the mixed fruit...peaches, mangos, strawberries and red grapes. Smoooooth...

OH, if the picture is too small, I can email you...or pm you. I will see if I can do that.

7. Gumpy

8. hombre243

9. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

When ever I'm constipated all I ever hope for is a smoothie :D Sorry

10. hombre243

Ya gotta remember to throw away the shells of the tree nuts. If you eat them you commit murder on the Orifice Express.:eek:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  11. straightshooter

straightshooter Well-Known Member

I have tried the veggy smoohties and I just can not like the taste. I am on a low carb and as low sugar as I can get. I don't eat or drink anything with high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners. I went from 235 a couple months ago to now 205. I cheat now and again, especially around the holidays. I want to get down to at least 180 maybe down to 165. I might see then which rib is missing taken to make eve.

12. hombre243

You don't have to make them all veggie smoothies. I make the fruit smoothies: 1 cup of mixed frozen fruit, a half scoop of chocolate whey protein, a few shakes of cinnamon, 1 1/2 cup 2% milk, a banana and a handful of greens or spinach. They get ground up in the smoothie and you get no pain good tasting greens with a sweet chocolaty tasting drink. It is about 60 grams of carbs. But use a small banana, under 7 inches, I looked online and one of 7" is 37 grams of carbs.

13. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Strawberry/Banana sounds good:)

14. hombre243

Sure does. I just finished my breakfast smoothie. It did have strawberries and banana, plus peach slices and pineapple. 1/2 of a dipper of Whey Protein/chocolate. 5 shakes of cinnamon (and a small fistful of Kale) Milk is the base liquid.

Sure is tasty.

15. straightshooter

I made smoothie using a banana, banana smoothie pack, peanut butter, cinnamon, coconut milk, ice, and sometimes chocolate syrup.
    It will make you slap yur moma. LOL I doubt very much if it could be considered a diet drink but it sure is good.
    I bought a highly rated name brand juicer like new on Ebay and used it twice........it sucks. I know why the people sold it on Ebay when it looked like new. I would rather use my food mixer/processor.
    LMAO Can always tell the single guys.......they talk about this kind of stuff. Learning how to cook for yourself is like reloading ammo. You eat/shoot more because it is fun and cheaper to do so.

16. hombre243

I have been cookin for myself all my life...even when I was married, I did the cooking. I am on a diabetic weight loss diet but it is not working. But at least I am not gaining.

I have to watch the carbs for blood sugar control, so I have to measure everything and also use greens of some kind for filler. I like it but I would rather have a real shake than smoothies and a steak on a grill rather than baked chicken. But, I also like staying alive. Being 125 or so lbs over weight ain't a good way to do it. So, if the dietitian says a smoothie a day keeps the grimmy away...even though I know she's full of it, I drink a smoothie a day.

17. straightshooter

I used to have super high triglycerides, high b/p, gout flare ups often and got up to 235 lbs at 5'10". I found the high carbs and all the noodle/ pasta foods I constantly ate was the cause of my problems. The HFCS was another knife in my back. Only sugar I have is natural sugars in the natural foods. Cutting out processed foods also cut my sodium intake way down.
    I cut out the bread, potatoes, pasta, soda pop, processed foods and quit eating anything that had HFCS in it. I haven't had gout in quite a while. 120's/70's b/p and on no b/p meds at all now. I now weigh around 205 after just a few months.
    Just my .02 but your smoothies with all the fruit is probably not good for you. But I ain't no doctor.
    Hombre check out drmercola.com. I have learned a lot from his site on all sorts of health issues.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  18. hombre243

I count the carbs and don't go over 60. That is the number they told me to eat at every meal. Most of my meals are way below that so my daily count is pretty low. I have only been at this a little over a month so I am still learning, Thanks for the link.