Hello from England

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by m16triumph, Sep 27, 2012.

1. m16triumph

m16triumph Member

Hi all,

New to the forum so just wanted to say hello. I have a beautiful 1894 in 357 and thinking about fitting a Skinners tactical peep sight.

Does anyone have any experience of these and how likely it is I'd need to change the front sight.

Currently range shooting at 50 yards with factory ammo.

Thanks

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

M16; welcome to the forum.
    Glad that you are able to join us. I've never had a Skinner Sight. Maybe someone else can answer your question.

3. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

A hearty welcome from the Colonies! We're glad to have you aboard and remember, we're all family here so don't be shy.

4. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Mate
    From "down under"

5. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

Welcome m16triumph'
    Im new to the forum this week. Glad to make your aquaintence. Hands across the water.

6. m16triumph

m16triumph Member

Thanks for the welcome! Owning firearms here is very strictly controlled so I feel priviliged to be one of the few and so pleased I chose a Marlin, its a great little rifle

7. duster066

duster066 Well-Known Member Supporting

From a fellow 1894C owner, welcome to the site. I was very privileged to serve for two years near Oxford, in my case by choice. It was two of the most memorable years of my life. Thank you to you and all of your country for spawning us, and being such good friends for so long. At a rest stop on the trip to my base, "Oi mate! Give us a fag?" was literally the first encounter I had with a bloke, about one hour off the jet. Recognizing my ignorance he explained, and I happily gave him a smoke. And thank you for teaching me what good beer really is.:D

8. m16triumph

m16triumph Member

That difference in language is so true, I remember recently on a holiday/vacation(!) to Captiva Island, Florida being asked by the letting agent to seperate my trash from the rubbish!! Didnt have a clue what she meant!

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum m16triumph !!

10. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

That's OK. I don't have a clue what she meant either. Maybe I live too far north. :rolleyes:

11. DUTCHS

DUTCHS Well-Known Member Supporting

Welcome to the forum M16!! Enjoy!

12. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum :)

13. R.Ph. 380

R.Ph. 380 Well-Known Member

HOWDY, AND WELCOME FROM TEXAS. See right there we got 3 countries, US, UK and TX.................................hehehe

14. Ickaber

Ickaber Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean anything out west either.

15. m16triumph

m16triumph Member

Thought it was weird at the time. So, not knowing what to do we put rubbish (food waste, packaging) in the can marked rubbish and stuff like paper and cans in the trash... Kind of logical? The guys who collected it once each week (dustmen in England!) put both cans in the same truck! A truck is a lorry over here by the way!

16. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

Welcom M16triumph- As is my nature...I did a bit of double-checking for plausible explanation of trash v rubbish. Best I can tell that the person inferred traditional household garbage/waste e.i. : food stuffs, paper wastes & packaging as TRASH with rubbish being the old useless, broken items like picture frames, small appliances and the like. God only knows what some folks intend to say...the words just don't quite match the mental picture. If they were incinerating...then only burnable v non-combustibles...Yikes...who gives "bloody care"?