Hello from mid-west IL.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by threesaride, Sep 4, 2012.

1. threesaride

threesaride New Member

Hey to all, my name is Len (threesaride). I received a email invite on another site SO here I am! I live about as far mid & west as one can get in Illinois. On a clear day I can see the Arch in St. Louis. I'm retired (kinda) and I work really hard trying to stay that way. At this point in life I have 3 loves. My wife, my VW trikes & old guns. I'm not really a collector, more of a finder. When I was young (seems like a long time ago) I never had the $$$ to collect. So I satisfied that desire buy finding goodies, enjoying them for awhile then find them a new home. I have owned, enjoyed & used many a Marlin over the years. At present I have two Marlin levers 1) 1894 38 40 excellent shooter 2) 94 38 40 98%+ collector grade. Gotta love them old levers. Thanx for leting me in, Len

Attached Files:

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

Len, welcome to the Marlin Forum and glad you decided to join us. good looking rifles there!

3. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum Len

4. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Len. Very glad to have you with us.
    Nice looking rifles. Gotta love them Levers.

Grey

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  5. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Great to have you on board Len. Nice looking rifles. Is the third one a Winnie '73?

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum Len !!

Nice start on your collection...

7. threesaride

threesaride New Member

Yes the 3rd is a 73 also 38 40

8. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Wow 38 40......Awesome I hear that cartridge has recently back in production and gaining popularity

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  9. Windy

Windy Well-Known Member Supporting

WELCOME!!

I'm glad you found your way here. I'm in Illinois, too. Waaay up north, though.