Hello from South Western Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by melsdad, May 18, 2012.

1. melsdad

melsdad Member

I found this site a few days ago and thought I would join up. Looks like things are only a few months old around here?

I am a big fan of Marlin lever guns. My latest purchase was an un-fired 1895G in 45-70 made in the year 2000. I am a supervisor in a tool & die shop so I like to tinker with a little gunsmithing tasks now and then. So far I have smoothed up the action on my guide gun and done a trigger job on it. I also made a saddle ring safety delete which makes the gun look much better now. In the near future I plan to thin the forearm, and remove all the checkering to give it a more vintage look. I also plan to add a limbsaver buttpad, and refinish the wood with tru oil. I just bought an XS scout scope mount and am going to mount a Leupold 2.5x scout scope with quick detach rings.

I look forward to seeing this site grow.

2. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard melsdad. Glad to have you join us.
    South Western Pa. is pretty country.
    When you get the 1895G done, maybe you can share a couple pictures.
    We like pictures. :))

3. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum Melsdad! glad you joined and glad to have you aboard! jump right in, we're a friendly bunch here.

4. Hyphenated

Hyphenated Well-Known Member

Nice to have you on board. Now that we know you are a tool and die man you might get some questions. It's good to have folks on here with experience like yours.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

Welcome to the Marlin Firearms Forum melsdad !!

Post a pic of the Marlin when you find the time...