Holiday Traditions

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Shooter, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What are you Holiday traditions? Both sides of my family always do Mexican food so it's going to be a whole Mexican weekend.

2. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

for the last several years, we have done smoked turkeys and smoked hams for Thanksgiving and Christmas. very time consuming as it takes about 12-14 hours of smoking to do it, but the end result is worth it.:D

3. Shooter

I've never had one, there's a place by my house that sells them but they ran out before I could get there Thanksgiving.

4. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i smoke my own on a homemade smoker. smoked turkey is good eating. i smoke turkey's and my brother fries them!

5. Shooter

And you both bring them?

That's a lot of turkey, lucky!

6. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

oh no! we go to one anothers at seperate times of the day. we still have frozen turkey from Thanksgiving and the Christmas turkey will be much smaller!

7. Shooter

I didn't get any take home turkey this year. I've been craving it ever since. I'm used to turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey salad, this year I was not so fortunate.

8. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

well austin come by my house and load up on some turkey, i've got plenty left over from thanksgiving!