Honey-Do Project.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by greyhawk50, Sep 7, 2015.

1. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

My wife wanted an Ole Style Country Screen Door for the back of the house.
    We checked at a couple home stores but the doors were cheaply built, so I decided to build my own.
    It's a much smaller project than building a shooting range but it turned out well and the wife is happy. Now she wants one for the front door. Go figure.
    So today I bought the lumber. I'll build the frame this week and then buy the hardware & trim.Total cost is about $200 and 4 days work.

Attached Files:

2. Mauserhooked

Mauserhooked Well-Known Member

Looks great, Greyhawk! Very nice job! Brings back memories of when I was a youngster and I would swing the door open, bail off the side porch letting the door slam shut. That was always quickly followed by my Mom yelling at me....

3. MattNH

MattNH Well-Known Member

Nice work. Looks fantastic

4. greyhawk50

Door #2, for the front of the house, is in the process of being painted. In a couple days, I'll add the screen & hardware, then hang it. I'm living with a happy wife. :))

5. greyhawk50

My Dad was the one that yelled at me. (Don't slam that door)
    Now I can let it slam all I want. hehe

6. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Good work Greyhawk. More skill needed than just scraping up dirt. Wooden doors look and are better than those metal thingys. Bye the way I need a door for my new room ..... :)

7. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

Those doors bring back memories of my Grandmas house with the distinctive sound, of me pulling on the spring just to hear the Twang :D

I screened in my porch back in Ohio and installed a wood screen door.

8. 28Shooter

28Shooter Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

Beautiful job Grey! I really miss the sound of a wooden screen door.