how do you atach a sling to this rifle?

Discussion in 'Other Marlin Rifles' started by Rich1028, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]how do you atach a sling to this rifle?

would doing so de value it?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting

You probably need the studs and swivle set attached, then mount the sling.

Doing so would not make it lose any value...

They also make velcro slings that come on and off without modifying the rifle...

3. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

They make a REPLACEMENT FRONT BAND for the Win 94 that has the front stud built in. I put in on a 94 i used to have. Cant remember now where I got it from. Wasnt much Im a thinkin.....maybe $10-12 ?? But that was a few years back. I put one of those screw in studs in the stock and installed quick-attach swivels. Worked Great.

4. Rich1028

thanks for the replies guys!

5. SWO1

SWO1 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting

That looks like it rich....Only I just ordered the band, had all the rest. I remember it was some place in Oklahoma...because I also ordered Williams fiberoptic front and ramp sights for it also. Didnt hurt the value as I more than doubled my money on it........:D

6. hombre243

hombre243 Well-Known Member

How about trying these?

Here is a link for the correct barrel band type swivel. Gander has them also. I haven't checked cabela's.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/466494/uncle-mikes-quick-detachable-full-band-centerfire-sling-swivels-1-black

And be sure to get these studs also. You will need thje wood screw stud for the butt, but the one for the front swivel is on the barrel band. DO NOT over tighten the small screw on the front band. It is made of too soft metal and the allen head will strip out if you crank it too tight. Just use blue loc-tite and tighten until snug You should feel the screw stop at the bottom when it is just right; Use blue lock tite and you will be ok.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/58...ack-7-8-machine-screw-with-nut-3-4-wood-screw

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  7. aka

aka Well-Known Member

Brownells also carries the correct ones

8. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

MidwayUSA will probably have them as well. they are an excellent source for anything firearms related. good service, decent prices and fast shipping as well.

9. Rich1028

thanks for all the replies!