How long have you collected Marlins?

Discussion in 'General Marlin Discussion' started by Shooter, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'm wanting to see if most everyone has been doing this a while or just got started in the Marlin collecting.

2. oldbrass

oldbrass Well-Known Member

Only had the one for 10 years, the 30-30 does all I need.

3. Shooter

That's great. Is it stock?

4. 1894

1894 Well-Known Member

I just have the three , my Dad gave me the 1894 in 44 mag somewhere around '72-3 , Bought a model 1936 in 32 win spcl a few years ago , inherited my Dads 336 in 35 rem 5 years ago.

[​IMG]

5. oldbrass

Yep, and my all time favorite rifle. just a plain old 336W with the birch stock, I`m a simple man:rolleyes:

6. mainecat

mainecat Active Member

I bought my first deer rifle 20 years ago.. I actually was looking for a Winchester 94 .30/30.. Someone offered me a 336 in .35rem.. It was a great deal and I figured I was just settling for second best.. Boy was I wrong!!! :)

I couldn't be happier!!!

Been collecting Marlins ever since!

7. oldbrass

Awe a .35, you lucky dog.

8. mainecat

mainecat Active Member

Thanks oldbrass!!

I'm at work at the moment.. Someday I'll post pics of them when I find the time!!!:)

9. Shooter

Hope you find some time!

10. axxe55

axxe55 Well-Known Member

i have had Marlins and Glenfield Marlins, from time to time for almost forty years. the first was a Glenfield Marlin, 22lr my father bought for me in about 1976 or 1977 for Christmas, he bought two of them, and two H-R single shot 20ga shotguns for my brother and i. the 22 was a bolt action with a 5-shot magazine, i don't remember the model number now. he also bought us some of those Tasco 4x32 scopes for the rifles as well and put those with several boxes of shells in our stockings. that was a great Christmas. i sold the rifle years later to buy gas to go to work, and regret now that i did. one of these days i will find another one like it to restore. i have also had several 336's in 30-30 over the years. currently i have three X7's and a M60, with plans for many more Marlins.

11. greyhawk50

greyhawk50 Well-Known Member

I pretty much explained it here; http://www.marlinforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28&page=2

I don't consider myself a Marlin Collector.
    I have bought, sold & traded firearms for about 45 years. More than 300 firearms have passed thru my possession. I keep my collection to a minimum (by my standards) and have sold various guns because of financial needs at the time, a good profit, a divorce (years ago), just didn't like them or couldn't justify a use at that time, or, it was something that my son really wanted.
    As stated, I've owned numerous Marlins over the years. I only have 2 center fire rifles at this time, both are 336 Marlins. Because they work and I love Lever Guns. Need I say more???
    All of my firearms are for hunting, shooting sports and/or home defense. I don't own any military type stuff. I'm not apposed to that stuff but it's just not my style.
    My 22 lr. is a Stainless M60 because it is the most accurate, out of the box, semi-auto 22 on the market. JMHO. Not as many after market gadgets as "some" but it is better built and has never failed to function.

To answer your question, I remember carrying a 30-30 Marlin in the mountains of Pa. back in 1974 and I'm sure that it wasn't the first Marlin in my life.
    Well over 40 years.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  12. Gaterskiner

Gaterskiner Well-Known Member

I don't collect them but..........9 of them have followed me home in the last 3 years.

Not sure how they do it! :eek:

13. Shooter

I would say you collect!

14. AR_hillbilly

AR_hillbilly Member

I'm not a collector either, more of a accumulator. :rolleyes: Seem to have one foller me home ever so often too, sometimes they even hide behind my truck seat for a few days then sneak in. :D

15. Shooter

Collector and accumulator are one in the same when intention is not considered.

16. Gaterskiner

And my wife can't tell one marlin from the next.:rolleyes:

17. 1895gunner

1895gunner Well-Known Member

Dan, you're like the pied piper with them Marlins...

[​IMG]

1895gunner

18. Gaterskiner

Must be! I even had A 336 Texan in .35 rem follow me home recently. What do I want with A .35 Rem? With Barrel bands no less.

19. mr450marlin

mr450marlin Member

28 yrs been hooked ever since got about 30 now from 22mag 2 the big bore 450

20. mr450marlin

mr450marlin Member

i will take it off your hands nice rifle