how much would you pay to hunt deer on 40 acres?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Rich1028, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Rich1028

Rich1028 Well-Known Member

how much would you pay to hunt deer on 40 acres?

just getting into hunting late this year,and not a lot of open land to use.
    I found a place that has 40 acres to rent out for $600.00
    just was wondering if this was a good deal or not.

2. tahoe2

tahoe2 Well-Known Member

sounds kind of steep, unless it's a trophy.

3. Bucky

Bucky Well-Known Member

Who pays ?It's about good honest legwork first.

Then again, one way or the other we all pay !
    I do in diesel, getting to places

4. FOUR4D4

FOUR4D4 Moderator Moderator

At that price i would scout it first and ask who else is hunting there

5. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

My cursory "donation" is a bottle of whiz or Capt Morgan for one farmer. Have 7000+ acres on a friend's farm to hunt...if my body in it's challenged state will allow me enough time afield to partake. (Gonna be an interesting test with the osteomy for sure. BRrrrrr with having to attend to it when necessary in cold weather outside). Missed last year altogether with hospital, surgery and all that fun stuff. I figure I'll be a stander for several mid-morning and mid-afternoon drives after parking my carcass for the early AM on 10 Nov opener. Son-in-law is hosting a Project Disabled Warrior troop from Ft Leonardwood and that might give me some company to share a sit with, too. As for getting them out of the woods/field...pretty simple with all the farm equipment at hand. Most farmers around here would like to see a lot more harvested to reduce crop predation damages, but it looks like Mother Nature with the CWD up north and the hemorrhagic fever/blue tongue is doing her part in heavily populated areas to cull the herd. Family and good friends make it all possible. I thank GOD for those!